It’s been far too long since the previous community update. To be fair, I have been doing a fair bit of traveling, mostly on the Tour de Force. Check out our videos from the Dublin event for a taste. In the interim we’ve released the awesome Google Data API Toolkit, and a new version of the Force.com IDE.
Besides the events, I’ve been doing a fair bit of blogging and learning about the platform. Right now I’m spending a lot of time pruning the wiki. I hope to make a few improvements, including making things a little easier to find. I’ve also started to use some of the wiki capabilities such as categories. So for example, here is a page of multimedia items on the wiki. It’s not complete yet, but I hope you find it useful. Feel free to ping me about the wiki and any changes you would like to see (or not to see 🙂 ).
Enjoy the rest of this post, wherein I point to most of the new items that have appeared on developer.force.com recently.
We have a couple of new resources for you:
- Force.com Toolkit for Google Data APIs – Code the Clouds and integrate Google applications with the Force.com platform
- Workbench 2.0 – a web-based, open source suite of tools to manage your org
- Force.com Developer Library – fact sheets, white papers, tutorials and two full-length books
- Force.com IDE Developer Preview Updated to Summer ’08 – as I blogged, there’s a new version of the IDE now available
Check out the following new code samples:
- Testing Email Services with Inbound Attachments
- Creating Ideas from Inbound Emails using Email Services
- Visualforce Sample – Dynamic Edit Page
- Visualforce Sample – Consolidated Case History Timeline
- Visualforce Sample – Quote Generation with Pages2PDF
Many thanks to Andrew Waite and Rasmus Mencke for these great samples.
Here are some blog posts that caught my eye:
- What the Cloud can Carry – Peter makes the case for enterprise developers to use SaaS and PaaS, not just SMSs
- Workbench: From Idea to 2.0 – Ryan explaining the history behind Workbench
- Intercepting Workflow Outbound Messages in a Ruby Server – I’ve been experimenting with Workflow and Ruby
- Emailing Visualforce Pages Rendered as PDFs – I’ve been experimenting with Visualforce and creating PDFs using the new
The following events/screencasts/webinars are now available for your viewing pleasure:
- Master Visualforce in Summer ’08 – Move Beyond S-Controls
- The Force.com Platform & Google Data APIs in Action
From our event calendar, we have the following events that may interest you:
- Dreamforce ’08 – Tour de Force at Dreamforce (November 2-5)
Education services have two upcoming courses:
- FDC-320 Force.com: Application Laboratory – in various cities in the US (June/July)
- FDC-320 Force.com: Application Laboratory – in London, UK (June)