JP has a great blog post: Landing Your Next Developer Gig on the Force.com Platform written for aspiring Force.com developers – and I wanted to blog a pointer as it's well worth a read. He also has some great tips on getting involved:
- Get on Twitter
- Plug in to the Developer Community
- Connect on LinkedIn
- Get to Dreamforce
- Bid on oDesk
- and many more, such as donating your talent to a non-profit
I just wanted to add a few points on "plug in to the Developer Community". How can you do that? Well:
- Get a (free) Force.com Developer Environment and start hacking
- Visit Developer Force regularly
- Participate in the Discussion Boards
- Subscribe to the Developer Force blog and Featured Content feeds – and leave comments of course.
- You can also write articles for us (they appear in our Featured Content, home page, newsletter etc.) – just ping me.
- Read the newsletter
- Suggest or comment on ideas on Force.com Ideas
- Create open source code projects, or participate in existing code projects on Code Share
- Stay tuned to the calendar on the home page for interesting events, such as Tech Talks
- Participate in events such as the Cloud Developer Challenge
As JP says, Welcome to the Cloud and Good Luck!