Two years ago, I walked into my very first Dreamforce and I remember being a little overwhelmed with the sheer size of the enterprise. As a newbie, I wasn't sure which sessions/tracks/zones I should be focusing on. Even though I had picked my sessions beforehand, I always had a sneaky feeling that I might be missing something important. If you're in the same position as I was two years ago, here are a couple of tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes. You might think I'm being facetious with that advise, but I'm actually dead serious. Dreamforce requires a lot of walking around and so you better wear comfortable shoes.
- Follow Quinton's advise and attend the Platform State of the Union. Its a must-see session for any Force.com Developer
- If have a specific Force.com question that you need some help with, sign up for a 1:1 Code Consultation session (if you haven't done so already online). You can do a walk-up sign-in for a Code Consultation session at the Welcome desk of the Force.com Zone (2nd floor Moscone West)
- Remember to pick up your free Force.com Fundamentals book next to the Welcome Desk. Its a great reference guide for all things Force.com.
- Since you're a Force.com Developer, you've probably already picked your Developer sessions. Be sure to sprinkle in a couple of other Tracks though. It's good to get out of our 'techie' box for a while and look at the big picture. Technology after all is merely a means to an end. For example, as an Enterprise Architect, you might be interested in the "Transitioning Enterprise Applications to the Cloud" session (Tuesday - 2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m)
- Have fun! No better way to do that than attending the Gala later today. Stevie Wonder, Will.I.Am. Need I say more?