It’s Dreamforce week! If you’re one of the many planning to spend some time in the Developer Zone, be sure to take advantage of the great workbooks we’ve printed up just for you.
Our workbooks are designed to take you through a feature step-by-step in tutorial style. No prior experience with the feature is necessary.
Come on over to the Dev Zone, grab a workbook, and spend some time at a station walking through the exercises. Sit down, play around, and learn a new feature! You’ll see some familiar titles and some that are totally new this year.
- Force.com Workbook – Shows you how to create an application in a series of tutorials, centered around building a very simple warehouse management system. Intended for developers new to the Force.com platform, and Salesforce admins who want to delve more deeply into application development using coding.
- ISVforce Workbook – A quick introduction to developing and distributing apps on the Force.com platform. Walk through the process of signing up for orgs, developing a simple application, and packaging it for distribution.
- Chatter Administrator’s Workbook – Introduces Chatter and shows you ways to administer it in your organization, including how to add new users and clear out feeds.
- Visual Workflow Workbook – Discover the Flow Designer through a series of stand-alone tutorials. You’ll learn how to build simple flows that capture user input, update records, and do calculations.
- Visualforce Workbook – A gentle introduction to the framework that allows developers to build sophisticated, custom user interfaces to their Force.com applications.
- Analytics Workbook – Great introduction to dashboards and reports through a series of tutorials. Build a sales manager dashboard with a few key components, and learn about features like custom table components (a.k.a. “four-column tables”), combination charts, custom summary formulas, as well as conditional highlighting alerts, component snapshots, and more.
– Note: A limited number of printed copies will be available at Dreamforce. Pick up yours at the Analytics booth in the campground.
These and a few others that we can’t mention just yet (Shhhh!) should be available on the Dev Zone tabletops or from a friendly Dev Zone staffer. After Dreamforce, check Developer Force for online versions of the workbooks.