The Winter ‘13 release is packed with highly anticipated features for the Salesforce Platform. Join Salesforce Product Managers and Developer Evangelists on Twitter November 14, 9:00am PT to learn about the new capabilities in Force.com, Database.com and Site.com. Use the hashtag #Winter13QA and get your questions answered by the experts behind these products.
Highlights of new features in Winter ’13 include:
- Force.com Canvas (pilot) – Allows you to create apps in any language, on any cloud app platform and easily and securely integrate them with Force.com.
- Connected Applications (pilot) – Allows web and mobile apps to connect to Salesforce through the open standard OAuth, adding additional levels of enterprise controlled authorization and policy to be enforced by Administrators.
- Visualforce Charting – Provides powerful visual analytics capabilities that allow you to easily chart all your Salesforce and non-Salesforce data.
- Visual Workflow – Makes it easy for Salesforce administrators to visually manage large and sophisticated flows with features such as Search and Zoom in the Cloud Flow Designer.
- Geolocation – Allows you to store location-based information, perform calculations on it, and make geospatial data part of your online business processes.
- Push Major Upgrades – ISVs can push major release upgrades to their subscribers and distribute new capabilities more quickly, keeping the installed base current with compliance and security requirements.
- Organization-Wide Permission Sets – Administrators can now create and assign permission sets regardless of the license assigned to a user’s profile, reducing the total number of permission sets and making it easy to track and manage them.
- Salesforce Org Manager – Manage all of your orgs including those for staging, testing, patch, production, and license management, all in one place.
- Page Breadcrumbs – Helps visitors navigate your website by showing visitors the site map-based path from the current page back to the home page.
- Site Map Links – Add internal or external URL elements to your site map, allowing your visitors to go anywhere directly -on your site or elsewhere on the Web.
- API and APEX Code enhancements
The following Product Managers and Developer Relations team members will be at your disposal:
Shawna Wolverton [Twitter] [LinkedIn]
Eric Wilson [LinkedIn]
Alex Toussaint [Twitter] [LinkedIn]
Adam Torman [Twitter] [LinkedIn]
Darayush Mistry [Twitter] [LinkedIn]
Josh Kaplan [Twitter] [LinkedIn]
Shannon Hale [Twitter] [LinkedIn]
Jonathan Bruce [Twitter] [LinkedIn]
Matthew Baier [LinkedIn]
Quinton Wall [Twitter] [LinkedIn]
Sandeep Bhanot [Twitter] [LinkedIn]
Josh Birk [Twitter] [LinkedIn]
Dave Carroll [Twitter] [LinkedIn]
John Stevenson [Twitter] [LinkedIn]
Samantha Ready [Twitter] [LinkedIn]
We look forward to welcoming you on November 14th!