The New Lightning Process Builder is HERE! If you attended Dreamforce you probably saw this new business automation tool in Beta last fall. Process Builder is GA with the Spring 15 release, and we have everything you need to get started.
What is Lightning Process Builder?
Lightning Process Builder is a new workflow tool that helps you easily automate your business processes by providing a powerful and user-friendly visual representation of your process as you build it. Many of the tasks you normally assign, the emails you regularly send, and other record updates are vital parts of your organization’s standard processes. Instead of doing this repetitive work manually, you can configure processes to do it automatically. Lightning Process Builder’s simple and powerful design allows you to:
- Create your processes using a convenient visual layout with point-and-click efficiency
- Create your whole process in one place rather than using multiple workflow rules
- Create processes with multiple business teams by working together in one collaborative UI
- Stop using Apex code for simple tasks
3 ways to start learning and building with the Lightning Process Builder!
- The best way to get started with Lightning Process Builder is with Trailhead. This quick exercise will teach you the core components and steps of building your first process. In this exercise you will build your own process to update child records without any code.
- Join the conversation! See what sort of processes other users are building, and what questions are being asked in the Success Community Workflow Automation Chatter Group.
- Already started working with process builder while it was in Beta last fall? Time to get familiar with the Spring ’15 Release Notes for Process Builder. There are new changes since Beta like determining if a specific field has changed and Process versioning.