Follow and complete a Learn MOAR Summer ’21 trailmix for Admins or Developers by July 31 to earn a special community badge and enter for a chance to win one of five $200 USD Salesforce Certification vouchers. Learn how to participate and review the Official Rules by visiting the Trailhead Quests page.
Our External Services empower customers to leverage OpenAPI standards to create declarative building blocks of integration goodness without writing a single line of code. We’ve used OpenAPI specifications to enhance the creation of actions that invoke functionality in other systems from within Salesforce, providing a useful tool to help you automate anything and integrate everything.
In Summer ’21, we’ve enhanced External Services so you can seamlessly integrate with more third party platforms building upon their published APIs without having to manually edit input specifications before registering.
We have grown our selection of publicly available APIs such as Slack or Okta thanks to new support for larger spec sizes and more support for schema constructs and use cases.
Here are some of the changes and enhancements to External Services coming in Summer ‘21:
- Legacy External Services is Being Retired in Summer ’21
- Select Operations with the External Services Wizard
- Register OpenAPI Specifications up to 1.5 MB in Size
- Use the allOf OpenAPI 2.0 Schema Construct
- Use the additionalProperties OpenAPI 2.0 Schema Construct
- Apex Object Names Can Now Be Up To 255 Characters Long
- Specify MIME Types
- Apex Unit Testing With Flow And External Services
To learn moar about the latest enchantments to External Services, check out the Summer ’21 release notes.