Salesforce APIs are the most forked and most popular APIs in the Postman ecosystem. Taking our legacy a step further, we are pleased to introduce a brand new collection of MuleSoft Anypoint Platform APIs for Postman. This new collection was released in July 2023, and we’ve since deprecated the older versions of MuleSoft Postman APIs.
Before getting started
In order to access the Anypoint Platform APIs, all you need is:
- Anypoint Platform account: If you don’t yet have one, you can sign up for a free trial account.
- Postman account: Sign up for a free account and download the Postman desktop app or use the web version.
New collection overview
In order to access the latest collection, head to the Salesforce Developers workspace on Postman and select MuleSoft Anypoint Platform APIs.
In the Salesforce Developers workspace, you’ll find three MuleSoft API collections which are not only for Anypoint Platform but also for MuleSoft Automation and MuleSoft Catalyst for Knowledge Hub.
Let’s review the list of capabilities supported by these collections.
- MuleSoft Anypoint Platform APIs: These APIs support API Lifecycle management by allowing quick access to Anypoint Platform’s capabilities.
- Authentication: This is mainly responsible for getting access to the Anypoint Platform and getting the Anypoint Platform profile details
- Design Center: This helps you to manage projects, environments, dependencies, branches, files, and folders in Design Center
- Exchange: This simplifies the task of managing and assigning Assets, Applications, Tags, categories, custom fields, identities, maven assets, and GraphQL Exchange search
- Management Center: This sub-collection helps you to manage different core capabilities of Anypoint Platform, such as Access Management, Runtime Manager, Visualizer, Secret Manager, Automated Policies, Anypoint Monitoring
- MuleSoft Automation Platform APIs
- MuleSoft Composer: This sub-collection gives you access to MuleSoft Composer, which enables you to authenticate and manage flows and settings
- MuleSoft RPA: This is mainly responsible for automating your flows and helping you to take your automation to the next level by accessing authentication, RPA tasks, processes, bots, alerts, and settings
- MuleSoft Catalyst Knowledge Hub and Others: This collection helps you with RTF Deployment, CI/CD proxy API generation, generating test data, metrics, APIM Admin access, and so on.
Accessing the MuleSoft APIs in Postman
Now, let’s learn how to access MuleSoft Anypoint Platform APIs in Postman.
- On the landing page, select MuleSoft Anypoint Platform APIs.
- This will open the public workspace containing the new Postman collection. To use the collection, you need to fork it into your local workspace. Click on the Fork button as shown below.
- You will be asked to:
- Provide a label for your fork
- Select the workspace into which you want to fork the collections
- Confirm Fork Collection
- The collection will be loaded into your local Postman workspace.
Now, you can access the Anypoint Platform APIs!
Tips for using the Postman collection
By now, you must be excited to use this new collection, but before getting started, we have a few tips and tricks that might help you.
- Make a note of your usernames, passwords, roles, tokens, headers, and environments
- Ensure that you have appropriate permissions and access rights
- Try to use different environments and profiles for better testing results
The new MuleSoft Anypoint Platform API collection is a one-stop resource for easy collaboration with different Mule capabilities. You can also connect with several MuleSoft Anypoint Platform and Automation tools. Try out the API collection, fork it, and share your feedback/suggestions with us.
Credits: We would like to thank Angel Alberici and Amir Khan for your great contribution towards building this Postman collection.
About the author
Akshata Sawant is a Senior Developer Advocate at Salesforce. She is an author, blogger, and speaker, and the co-author of the title, MuleSoft for Salesforce Developers. Akshata is an active member of the MuleSoft Community and a former MuleSoft Ambassador. She loves reading, dancing, traveling, and photography, and is a big-time foodie. Follow her on X (formerly Twitter) and LinkedIn.