The README.txt on the Developer Experience at Dreamforce 2011
As a Force.com developer, if there is one event NOT to miss, it would be Dreamforce, our annual user and developer conference. Taking place in beautiful San Francisco from August 30 through Sept 2, this year we project to have over 35,000 people in attendance. For those that are keeping score, there’s going to be 50% more humans than last year!
The most important reason to attend is to hear and learn about all the new awesome technologies we’ll be announcing. Since I’m privy to our future roadmap, I would say right now that awesome would be an understatement. It’s going to blow people’s minds. And oh yeah, we’ll have 80+ terrific technical sessions, too. (Congrats, by the way, to all those who got their paper submissions accepted!)
Developer Experience Overview
Clearly the epicenter of all things for Force.com developers is the Developer Zone (if you are cool like us, you can just call it the DevZone). Words, however, just doesn’t do it justice. Here’s a cool shot of the DevZone from last year.
But since you are a geek like each of us on the Force.com team, you’ll want the details and here are some to whet your appetite:
* Force.com, Heroku, and Database.com will be out in force (no pun intended)
* An immersion lab with 40+ machine for those that like to get hands-on with technology (or those that just like to get hands-on with our cool iMacs).
* 400+ code and career consultations which are private 1:1 meetings with our technical experts
* A coding competition that we’re calling the Dreamforce Hackathon.
* 80+ technical sessions delivered by our crack team of evangelists and some of you from the community
* Network and interact with product managers, engineers, and peers
* Frag baddies, your peers, or yourself, in the Cloud Arcade
* Books, cheat sheets, and schwag galore.
* And of course, we’ll have plenty of caffeine to keep you fueled up
Special Discount for Developers
Need further justification to go? Because you are part of the world’s best cloud developer community, we struck a deal with the Dreamforce gods to offer you guys a special price of $599. Head on over to www.dreamforce.com and register
with the promo code: EXPIRED CODE.
See you at Dreamforce in the DevZone!