Everyone says Twitter Bootstrap makes front-end web development faster and easier, but how can we prove that? Below is a video of a simple Visualforce page being converted into a responsive, mobile first web page in a little over 3 minutes and covers the foundation for setting up a bootstrap project natively on Force.com.
Cliff’s Sam’s (who is Cliff anyway?) Notes:
- Uses a standard set controller (aka standard list controller) to grab all the data.
- Uses bootstrap 3.1.1 in this demo, but regardless the point is use 3+. There has been a myriad of upgrades from 2.3.2 to 3.x to make it more awesome.
- Check out the code here on GitHub or install the package into your DE org with this link.
- Fork this “Visualstrap” library of custom Visualforce components using Twitter Bootstrap to save even MOAR TIME!
- Let me know if you have any questions.