The Salesforce Mobile SDK team is proud to announce the release of our next generation framework for creating native, hybrid, and pure HTML5 mobile apps. From the SDK’s inception, we consistently focused on providing the most productive tools for force.com developers that want to create highly customized mobile experiences driven by rich corporate data.
In the 2.0 release, we dramatically simplified the getting started process, enabling first time mobile developers to create connected apps with minimal effort. At the same time, advanced developers now have the flexibility to control the user authentication flow and to take advantage of their favorite mobile capabilities on the latest platforms.
Please take a look at the newly released a 163 page Mobile SDK 2.0 Developer Guide for the getting started instructions for iOS and Android, with in depth coverage over the new features.
Highly Flexible Mobile Architecture
- OAuth2 Authentication can now be handled on-demand, enabling mobile apps to start un-authenticated. With 2.0, developers can quickly connect existing apps to the wealth of customer data stored in the Salesforce cloud.
- Mobile Apps can now authenticate against standard force.com and community licenses, enabling our customers to realize the full benefits of being a “Customer Company” through mobile apps.
SmartSync Data Framework
- SmartSync can also seamlessly integrate into the SmartStore offline storage database for storing data offline without additional code – including the ability to defer updates with data conflict detection. Check out the new AccountEditor hybrid sample app, demonstrating the SmartSync functionality in action.
Simplified Getting Started Process with NPM
- Developers can quickly create apps with the Node Packaged Module (NPM) installers. Salesforce provides two packages: forceios for the iOS Mobile SDK, and forcedroid for the Android Mobile SDK. These packages provide a static snapshot of an SDK release. (npm install forceios and you are good to go.)
- Create new native and hybrid apps directly from the command line with a simple script. The 2.0 release provides a simple and unified app creating process for iOS and Android.
Node Package Libraries
Source Code on Github
- iOS: https://github.com/forcedotcom/SalesforceMobileSDK-iOS
- Android: https://github.com/forcedotcom/SalesforceMobileSDK-Android