Dreamforce is here. Wow. That was fast! If you’re a fan of Force.com Labs, I’d love to meet you. In fact, I’ve set up two dedicated times.
The first is Tuesday from 7p-8p. I have that time set aside in the Open Source Lab for general Labs app discussion, meeting developers, talking about apps, etc. Don’t worry: there’s a reception going on in the Dev Zone, too, so there will be plenty to eat and drink, as well as lots of cool devs to talk to.
The second is Friday from 8:30a-9:30a. It will also be in the Open Source Lab and will be a great time to discuss how all these great Dreamforce announcements will impact the labs. Yes, 8:30a Friday is a little early but what the heck: it’s what we’re all here for, isn’t it?
Force.com Labs is doing quite a bit this year. Check out some of these other Force.com Labs ideas.
- There are three sessions on #OpenSource. One is a discussion panel on PaaS and Open Source, another is Dive In: Join or Start an Open Source Community, and the last one is Build Better Apps with Open Source Components.
- I will be presenting Apps, Apps and More Apps at the Community Conference with some really outstanding leaders — Rhonda Ross, Andy Ognenoff, Hollie Wegman, Kevin Swiggum, and Saurabh Verman.
- Jonathan Hersh, of Group Master and Combo Pack fame, will be in the DevZone showing some of his cool mobile apps.
- The Lightning Theater will have several sessions featuring Force.com Labs apps. Speakers include
- Mark Sivill, 0-3-30 Force.com Labs, Tuesday 11:30a (Graphics Pack, Salesforce International Mapping with Google Maps, etc, etc),
- Bradley Herman, Serendipity in Salesforce.com Chatter, Tuesday 2:00p (Chatter News, Chatter Recall, etc),
- Guillaume Lenoble, AppExchange Force.com Labs: Cool Free Apps, Tuesday 7:00p (Simple Visit Reports, vCard, etc.)
- Chris Kemp, Swarming and Gamification in the Enterprise, Wednesday 11:00a (Cloud Swarm, The Chatter Game).
- Several devs are presenting in Meet The Mad Scientists Behind Free Force.com Labs Apps at 8:30a on Friday.
And there’s lots more than that. As you go through the Campground and the dev zone, ask the staffers you meet about what they’ve developed on the platform. There’s a tremendous amount of dev talent here at Dreamforce and you will hear some great ideas.
See you soon!