10. Dreamforce 2009 – The one time in the year where I can hang out with over 19,000 Salesforce and Force.com users. If you didn't get to attend, or just need a refresher on the latest announcements and technologies, check out the recorded keynotes and sessions.
8. Service Cloud 2 with Knowledge and Salesforce for Twitter. It's amazing with these technologies how much better the support experience can be for your customers. You'll wonder how you lived without it!
- Force.com Sites with Google Analytics support
- Enhanced Page Layout Editor (including adding Blank Spaces)
- Cross-Object Workflow
- Opportunity Genius
- Content Delivery
- Automate Salesforce to Salesforce
- Chart Analytics 2.0
- Org-Wide Email Address
- Batch Apex
- Bulk API
- Sandbox to Production
- Lookup Filters
- Workflow Visualizer
5. The new Force.com Workbook – One of my favorite resources got updated. These 10 tutorials will help you build your first app in the cloud. Jump to your favorite tutorial to learn a specific platform feature.
4. Team Volunteering at Alcatraz – Salesforce.com is constantly encouraging our community and employees to volunteer. We had the pleasure of visiting Alcatraz to help garden and maintain the beautiful landscape. Looking to manage your volunteering? Try Volunteerforce, a free app built entirely on Force.com.
3. A Fresh New Look – Many of the salesforce.com web properties have been updated to help you be successful. Salesforce.com, DeveloperForce, salesforce.com Community, Partner Portal and the AppExchange all have new features to make you more effective. And best of all, we used Force.com in each one.
2. Force.com Forty Innovation Showcase – We scoured the ecosystem and received hundreds of entries. We narrowed the list to the top 40 innovations on Force.com. Congratulations to all the finalists and thank you to all that entered.
1. Salesforce Chatter – Announced at Dreamforce 2009, Chatter revolutionizes the technology industry with a collaboration and social platform for the enterprise. And best of all, the work you've done with Force.com will integrate. Soon you will have all the social capabilities of Chatter at your disposal.
I'd love to hear your favorites from 2009. Here's to your continued success in 2010. Happy New Year!