(written by Kimberley Rathbun)
Site.com is a Web content management system that makes it easy to build dynamic, data-driven Web pages quickly without having to write a single line of code. The Site.com Studio application provides a dedicated environment for creating, editing, and managing custom websites.
The new Site.com Workbook shows you how to build a sample website for fictional company Cirrus Computers. As you step through the workbook, you’ll learn some of the basic elements of the Site.com Studio design application.
The tutorials have practical examples that show you how to:
- Create a site from scratch and import assets.
- Create page templates to format your site.
- Build pages based on the templates you create.
- Create content blocks with text and videos.
- Create a form that gathers input from your site visitors and then creates a Lead record in your org.
- Set up a link between your org and the website that displays product information dynamically.
After you finish the exercises, you’ll not only have more insight into how Site.com works, but you’ll also have a fully functioning website that uses many of Site.com’s features.
Check out the many other workbook tutorials on our Workbooks page.