The Streaming API is a great way to provide notifications to clients (such as mobile clients) about changes to your organization. Dan presents some of the new features introduced in Spring ’14 including new limits and improved performance for polling notifications. Continue reading
In Winter ’13, you can now use the SOQL polymorphism feature via the new TYPEOF clause to do complex queries on polymorphic fields in a single call. Read more to learn how this feature can make your queries more powerful, easier to understand, and easier to manage. Continue reading
The SOQL Pagination feature is now generally available in Summer ’12. This feature includes the new OFFSET clause used in Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) queries. What exactly does OFFSET do, you might be wondering?
OFFSET lets you specify a number of rows to skip in the returned data. So, for example if a SOQL query returns 1000 records (determined by using the COUNT() SOQL function) and you only want to see the last 50, you can add “OFFSET 950” to the end of your SOQL query:
SELECT Name FROM MyObject__c ORDER BY Name OFFSET 950
Where… Continue reading
For your reading pleasure, we’ve updated the developer documentation on developer.salesforce.com and database.com. It reflects the new Summer ’12 Salesforce release (API version 25.0). In addition, there are some new docs you might want to check out.
- The Open CTI Developer’s Guide is now available. This guide describes how to use Open CTI to build computer-telephony integration systems that integrate with Salesforce.
- Customizing Case Feed with Visualforce is now available. This guide describes how to customize Case Feed with Visualforce components.
- The REST Metadata API Developer Guide is now available. This guide describes the Metadata REST
Developer docs for the upcoming Summer ’12 release are now available for preview. You can find them on the newly reorganized platform documentation page under “Reference Documentation, PREVIEW Summer ’12 (Version 25.0)”.
To see the preview release notes, click here (PDF).
Also, new developer docs will be available very soon, so stay tuned for more announcements over the next couple weeks!… Continue reading
For your reading pleasure, we’ve updated the developer documentation on developer.salesforce.com and database.com. It reflects the new Spring ’12 Salesforce release (API version 24.0). In addition, there are some new docs you might want to check out.
- The Live Agent Developer’s Guide is now available. This guide describes how to customize Live Agent according to your company’s needs.
- The Cloud Flow Designer Workbook is now available. This workbook gives you a quick introduction to designing flows. You’ll become familiar with some of the basic elements of the Cloud Flow Designer, including creating and looking up records, configuring decisions