Follow these steps to download and install the Force.com Migration Tool.
- Log in to a Salesforce organization on
your deployment machine.
- From Setup, click Force.com Migration Tool.
, and then click
- Save the ZIP file locally and extract the contents to the directory of your choice.
When you extract the Force.com Migration Tool ZIP files, the following folders
and files are written to the location you specified:
- A Readme.html file that explains how to use
- A Jar file containing the ant task: ant-salesforce.jar
- A sample folder containing:
- A codepkg\classes folder that contains SampleDeployClass.cls and SampleFailingTestClass.cls
- A codepkg\triggers folder that contains SampleAccountTrigger.trigger
- A mypkg\objects folder that contains the
custom objects used in the examples
- A removecodepkg folder that contains XML
files for removing the examples from your organization
- A sample build.properties file that you must
edit, specifying your credentials, in order to run the sample ant
tasks in build.xml
- A sample build.xml file, that exercises the deploy and retrieve API calls