B2C Commerce Solution for Healthcare and Life Sciences
Healthcare and life science (HLS) organizations, including providers, payers, and medical suppliers are deploying digital platforms to improve efficiency, reduce transaction costs, and better patient experiences. An omnichannel approach provides HLS organizations flexibility to manage relationships and interactions with customers, across marketing, product discovery, sales, and post-sale services, among others. Many organizations also rely on their commerce platform to absorb complex rules related to provisioning, procurement, and reporting, and to present them to providers and payers in a digestible way. Add in regulatory and compliance considerations, and it’s clear that HLS organizations have their own unique commerce requirements.
Consumers increasingly expect to engage with healthcare companies digitally like they do in other aspects of their lives. According to a recent Health Industry Distributors Association Insights report, in 2020, 85% of all B2B buyer and seller relationships took place without human interaction. Selling HLS products and services digitally in a patient-direct manner is a significant opportunity for pharmaceutical and medical device companies. The global medical device market alone is expected to hit $409 billion by 2023, and Deloitte predicts global healthcare expenditures reaching a staggering $10 trillion by 2022. Additionally, more and more insurance companies (payers) are incorporating digital into sales and account management.
Commerce Cloud enables developers to launch an ecommerce channel quickly and deliver the connected online experiences that buyers expect. These experiences include:
- Guided online ordering that allows HLS companies to reach patients directly while delivering a personalized experience based on member status.
- Direct-to-consumer (D2C) commerce for pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and so on.
- Online payer and insurance registration, signup, and purchasing.
- B2B purchasing and change management of complex orders.
- Patient portal support for multiple interactions, including organization-to-provider, provider-to-patient, and organization-to-provider-to-patient.
- High-value content such as videos, images, and community streams that enhance customer decision making.
- Appointment picking and time slot management.
- Elevated support tools that meet complex customer needs, such as:
- Contract-based group purchasing organization (GPO) pricing so providers can negotiate discounts and other savings based on purchasing volume.
- Shared carts that allow payers to easily toggle between sites and add items, with all carts aligned across sites to show all items.
- Split shipments so orders can arrive in multiple packages to one location or to different locations.
- Support for regulatory requirements, such as HIPAA.
For more information, see Salesforce Industry for HLS.
The Salesforce Commerce platform enables healthcare providers of all kinds to deliver exceptional online buying experiences and adapt to changing market dynamics.
- HIPAA: B2C Commerce provides tools that align with HIPAA.
- BAA Amendment Page - Only B2C Commerce, excluding Einstein, Order Management and certain other components, was included in the review.
- HIPAA: Salesforce provides tools that align with HIPAA.
- B2C Commerce Storefront Reference Architecture (Mobile First)
- Multiple and Localized Site Management
- SEO Optimization and URL Management
- Onsite Search
- Product Management (Price Books, Catalogs, Navigation)
- Marketing, Campaigns, & Promotions Engine
- Customer Profile and Account Management
- Customer Segmentation
- AB Testing
- Page Designer and Content
- Dynamic Imaging Service
- Privacy Tools
- Embedded CDN
- Integrated Payments
- Guided Selling
- Curbside Pickup
- Headless API Experience
- AI-Driven Capabilities Powered by Einstein
- Einstein Predictive Sort
- Einstein Product Recommendations
- Einstein Commerce Insights
- Einstein Search Dictionaries
- Einstein Search Recommendations
- Salesforce Order Management
- Salesforce Marketing and Service Cloud Integration
Build an HLS commerce solution on top of the Commerce Platform using developer tooling, sample apps, headless APIs, and best practices. The Commerce Platform’s seamless API Integration with multiple tools ensures business continuity to run your business.
- Commerce Cloud Developer Center
- Open Commerce API (OCAPI)
- Salesforce Commerce API
- Software Development Kits (SDK)
- Mulesoft Connector for Data API
- Build Your Ecommerce Site with Salesforce B2C Commerce
- Develop for Salesforce B2C Commerce
- Headless Commerce: Basics, Implementation Strategies, PWA Kit & Managed Runtime
- Configure On-Demand Sandboxes
- Documentation Hub: B2C & OMS
- Salesforce B2B Commerce Basics
- Administer Salesforce B2B Commerce on Lightning Experience
- Documentation Hub: B2B
Salesforce Professional Services teams help you every step of the way. With deep industry and commerce expertise, customer success experts can help plan, scope, and build your next HLS project.
Launch a Commerce Quick Start Solution that provides out-of-the-box solutions for D2C and B2B use cases. Developers can offload implementation and managed services to partners in these offerings. Quick Start for Direct-to-Consumer Launch a direct-to-consumer commerce site for essential and consumer goods. Quick Start for B2B Commerce Deploy a B2B Commerce storefront for self-service ordering.