Create a Connected App for the OAuth 2.0 Client Credentials Flow
Create a connected app to request access to exchange the client credentials defined in the connected app, the consumer key and consumer secret, for an access token. Before you implement the client credentials flow, configure these settings and access policies for your connected app.
- From Setup, in the Quick Find box, enter
App Manager, and then select App Manager.
- Click New Connected App.
- Enter the basic information.
- Enter the name of your connected app.
- Keep the default API name, which is automatically filled based on the connected app name.
- Enter your email address.
- Under API (Enable OAuth Settings), select Enable OAuth Settings.
- If the Callback URL isn’t auto-populated, enter a URL where Salesforce can send OAuth2 responses. For example,
- Add the Manage user data via APIs (api) scope to the Selected OAuth Scopes list.
- Select Enable Client Credentials Flow.
- Read the information about the risks and click the warning.
- Click Continue to save the new connected app.
- On the new connected app, click Manage.
- Click Edit Policies.
- Under Client Credentials Flow, for Run As, click and select the user that you want to assign the client credentials flow to.
- Save your changes.