Add an Attribute
This page contains information about adding an attribute via the SOAP API.
Why Add an Attribute
You can add an attribute in order to retain more information about your subscriber. This information gives you more information with which to better target or exclude subscribers from your sends.
How To Add an Attribute
Use the sample code below as a model to construct your own API calls. You need to know the following information to create an attribute:
- The name of the attribute
- The data type of the attribute
- Any applicable default value
- Whether the attribute accepts send time values
- Any required picklist options
- Minimum and maximum lengths
- Whether the attribute is required
- Whether the attribute is read-only
- Whether the attribute is hidden
You cannot create an attribute using the name of an already-existing attribute. When an attribute has been added to any list, it is available on all of the lists.