Register Endpoint for Custom Journey Builder Component
Once you know the hosted endpoint for your custom activity or event UI, you must register that endpoint in a Marketing Cloud installed package. To add events or activities to an existing Marketing Cloud app, add them as components in the same package.
- Create an installed package or navigate to an existing package.
- Under Components, click Add Component.
- Select Journey Builder Activity or Journey Builder Entry Source.
- Type a Name and Description for the activity or entry source. This name is stored doesn't display on the Journey Builder canvas. For simplicity, give the activity or entry source the same name as it is called in the config.json file.
- For activities only, select a Category to determine which section the activity appears under on the Journey Builder Canvas. If a category is specified in the activity's config.json, that category overrides the value selected here.
- Enter the Endpoint URL, which is the baseUrl for your application. Journey Builder loads all assets relative to this endpoint.
- To complete registration, save the component.