Troubleshoot Custom Activities
These questions help you isolate potential issues that may occur while creating and attempting to load a custom activity in Journey Builder.
- Is the endpoint for the application web-accessible and SSL-enabled?
- Is the config.json file built with valid JSON? Use a JSON linter to verify.
- Does the file include any BOMs? Journey Builder does not parse BOMs correctly.
- Are all required fields defined in the config.json file?
- Does the config.json's key property match the installed package component's key field? If the key is missing or incorrect, Journey Builder overrides the config.json file.
- Is the installed package component's Endpoint URL set to the directory containing the config.json file?
- Did the custom activity time out? The maximum timeout for the custom activity is 60 seconds, and there is no retry logic.