After you set up an extension, submit a request to create an activity type record. Then, submit a request to pass prospect activities to Account Engagement as they occur.
Keep these considerations in mind when working with External Activity.
- Before you work with external activities, review the considerations in Salesforce Help.
DeveloperNamefield from the MarketingAppExtension endpoint maps to the extension field on the external-activities endpoint used to submit the activity.
- The DeveloperName field from the MarketingAppExtActivity endpoint maps to the type field on the external-activities endpoint used to submit the activity.
- To submit activities, the
IsActivefield on the activity type and extension must be set to
True. You can also do this in Marketing Setup by selecting Active in Automations on each record.
- We recommend waiting to make an activity type active until you’re ready to begin using them.
- Activities are only submitted to the business unit assigned to the extension. Changing the business unit can affect your integration.
To work with external activities, authenticate to both Account Engagement API and Tooling API via Salesforce OAuth. Make sure that the appropriate OAuth Scopes are set up in your connected app:
- Access Account Engagement services (pardot_API)
- Manage user data via APIs (API) To minimize the number of times you have to authenticate, grant new access tokens as they expire by adding this scope: Perform requests on your behalf anytime (refresh_token, offline_access)
Create a request to add an activity type to your marketing app extension with the MarketingAppExtActivity endpoint. In this example, we configure an activity type “registered” for the extension we set up in the Marketing App Extensions section. Request:
Create a request to submit activity using the
- The extension value in the example is the DeveloperName returned from the Marketing App Extension response.
- The type value in the example is the DeveloperName returned from the Marketing App Extension Activity Type response.