Onboard with Salesforce Functions
New to Salesforce Functions? Use the following learning map to get started with building your own Salesforce Functions.
Use the following resources to get a clear understanding of the whole Salesforce Functions picture. Familiarize yourself with the advantages of using Salesforce Functions, and the use cases Functions are best suited for.
- Overview of Salesforce Functions Architecture
- (TBD) Trailhead: Salesforce Functions Quicklook
- (TBD) Video: Write your business logic using Salesforce Functions
2. Set Up
Before you can start to develop a Salesforce Function, you'll need a properly configured development environment.
Now comes the fun part -- developing your own Function. Use the following resources to build example Functions from scratch, in no time.
- Getting Started with Salesforce Functions
- Developing Salesforce Functions Using Visual Studio Code
- Developer Guide: Develop a Function
- (TBD) Trailhead: Build a Java Function
- Sample: SalesforceSDK Node sample
- Sample: SalesforceSDK Java sample
4. Deploy & Use
Learn how to invoke Functions in a Salesforce org. These can be Functions you've created, or Functions developed by third-party ISVs.