Considerations and Limitations
Apex SDK for Slack (Beta) was introduced in Winter '22 and has a number of limitations. These features aren't supported.
- Admin client access
- API Only users can't access the Salesforce UI
- The Slack integration requires access to the UI in order to connect your Salesforce account. As a result, API only users can't connect to Slack.
- Enterprise installs
- Events for workflows
- Events for Real Time Messaging (RTM) API
- Field-level validation (only validation via input type is supported)
- Localization (see localization limitations)
- Private metadata on views
- Rich text fields (not formatted in Slack)
- Scope limitations during installation (see scope limitations)
- System-provided actions or data providers
- Web API methods (only methods discussed in Apex are supported)
We welcome your feedback and comments at the Apex SDK for Slack (Beta) Trailblazer Community Group.