The new features introduced in the API version 5 are:
- The bot REST API endpoints now follow a RESTful and more intuitive structure. They make the requests more lightweight. The endpoints are:
- Start a new chat session
- Continue an existing chat session
- End an existing chat session
- The bot and chat session IDs are now path parameters instead of request body parameters.
- Support rich and structured content in the bot responses.
- Include intents and entities in the API responses.
- Added an endpoint to check the API’s health.
- HATEOS compliant enabling programmatic discovery of linked resources.