+ Start a Discussion
sfdevg3sfdevg3 

SalesForce Integration with third party application

Hi,

I am new to salesforce and am trying to look into the different methods of integration that Salesforce has with other third party apps.

I did some reading and these are what I got to know.

- You can generate WSDL files from salesforce and use these files to generate Web Services client on the third party app environment( java /.net/other). The third party apps can pull from and push data to salaesforce using web service calls.

- Salesforce can send Outbound messages to third party apps based on some action and the third party app can have a Outbound message notification listener configured at its end to interpret these messages.

I have a few questions

- Can salesforce pull information from a third party app? For e.g. A third party app has a webservice exposed. Can we generate a a WS client at the saleforce app end to hit this webservice?

- Suppose the saleforce app needs some data from a third party app at an on demand basis. Say, Someone clicks on a button in Salesforce App and we need to display some info from the third party app? How can we implement this type of integration?

Thanks,

Gayathri

werewolfwerewolf
Via Apex, you can also consume a WSDL from a third party web service, which is called an Apex callout.  If you need data from a third party app, you can either wire an Apex callout to a Visualforce page that displays that data (and you can embed that Visualforce page into a standard Salesforce.com page too), or you can actually embed an iframe from the third party app right into Salesforce.com also if that app happens to be a web app.
askask

Hi all,

I am new to salesforce and really interested to know how this integration works.

Can you please share the links or examples on how to

1. Generate WSDL files from salesforce and use it to generate Web Services client on the third party app environment.
  2. Also on how Salesforce can send Outbound messages to third party app

Does this require apex coding using Apex callout where you integrate your apex with an external service by sending HTTP request and getting a response or can the same be done by giving the endpoint url in remote access application provided under Devleop section ?

Pl guide me on this.

Thanks

A.S