+ Start a Discussion
Debbie61Debbie61 

Deploy Failure: In field: searchResultsFields - no CustomField named blah__c found

This error doesn't make any sense. The only way that I can include a custom field in the

object's searchResultsField is thru the SFC interface from the object. ( at least as far as

i know...)

 

The field that SFC is referencing in my deploy error message is in the list of fields available

to add to to search results. How else could I have added it?

 

I double checked the object. The field is there. It's not a case of where I added a field,

modified the searchResults and then deleted the field.

 

 

Any thoughts on this error would be appreciated. I received five other errors just like this

one on other custom objects I was trying to deploy to production.

 

 

 

 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Debbie61Debbie61

I love it when I solve my own problems :smileyhappy:

 

The searchResultsField is only available to the object once the Tab is defined. So I guess the

lesson learned is to deploy Tabs first?

 

Oy vay.... Gotta love the cloud.......

All Answers

Debbie61Debbie61

I love it when I solve my own problems :smileyhappy:

 

The searchResultsField is only available to the object once the Tab is defined. So I guess the

lesson learned is to deploy Tabs first?

 

Oy vay.... Gotta love the cloud.......

This was selected as the best answer
rathore_1987rathore_1987

Hi Dear,

 

i am also facing same problem, can you help me out in .I have deleted tab from my sandbox org still i m unable to deploye the chenge set.

 

Regards,

Kuldeep

vvisetvviset

I had the same problem and finally got it to work by following the suggestion from this page: http://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000004207&language=en_US

 

It was tedious as I have a lot of custom fields but by adding them all, I got the deploy to work.

 

Following is from the page...

 

Error message: In field: searchResultsFields - no CustomField named Custom_Object__c.Custom_Field1__c found


Knowledge Article Number: 000004207 

Description

When uploading a Change Set to a different Org, you get the error message: In field: searchResultsFields - no CustomField named Custom_Object__c.Custom_Field1__c found

 

(Custom_Object__c.Custom_Field1__c) is the problem field within the object. This will be named differently depending on your custom object and field names.


Resolution

You need to manually add the field to the Change Set upload along with the object.

Go to: Setup | App Setup | Deploy | Outbound Change Sets | <change set name> | 'Add' button under 'Change Set Components' heading | Select 'Custom Field' in the 'Component Type' picklist | Choose the problem field (In our example here, it is called 'Custom Field1') | Click 'Add To Change Set' | Upload the Change Set again.

 

CRM ADMIN 19CRM ADMIN 19
Deployments it the thing that hate most about salesforce! Sorry but sometimes it seems like a joke. 
This error can be solved adding the fields, one by one, included in the section search layouts (at the beginning the error is related to one field, but once is solved, a diff error apears next time for next field included in sl), or otherwise, removing these fields in your development environment an adding then manually in your target env.