+ Start a Discussion
Blanca GarciaBlanca Garcia 

Visualforce email template for Communities

I am trying to create a visualforce email template for the welcome email of my community.

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Bienvenido al Portal de empleo" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Community">
<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >

To get started, go to {!Community_Url}

Thanks,
{!Organization.Name}
</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

I get the following error:

Error: Unknown property 'core.email.template.EmailTemplateComponentController.Community_Url'

Are recipientType="User" and relatedToType="Community" the right things to use? Where can I see the mergefields I can use?
Any help welcome!

Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Blanca Garcia
After reading many hours, the solution came trhough this link:

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/63417/communities-welcome-email-set-password-link-not-working-community-url

The final template would look like this:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Bienvenido al Portal de empleo" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Community">
Congratulations!
This is your new Visualforce Email Template.

{!$Network.NetworkUrlForUserEmails}

All Answers

After reading many hours, the solution came trhough this link:

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/63417/communities-welcome-email-set-password-link-not-working-community-url

The final template would look like this:

Congratulations!
This is your new Visualforce Email Template.

{!$Network.NetworkUrlForUserEmails}
This was selected as the best answer
James LoghryJames Loghry
Awesome.  Thanks for digging this up :)
debikendebiken
Great post!  Hard to believe there's so little info on community welcome/password emails.  I'm having issues with Recipient.Name to display, have tried many things.  If you have something in place that works with the recipientType=User please share!  Thanks in advance!!