+ Start a Discussion
metaforcemetaforce 

Error uploading package after Summer 09 release | Component c

Am trying to upload a package from my dev org. The package gets created successfully (both in case of unmanaged and managed) but when I click on upload, it throws a weird error which is non suggestive of the cause. The following "Component c" error message is displayed:

 

Component error in package upload 

 

Not sure why this is occuring, this came last week also when we were working on the Spring 09 release and it used to go away all of a sudden without any reason.

 

But after Summer 09 release last weekend, this error consistently comes up whenever we upload a package. Does anyone know if this is a bug?

A_SmithA_Smith

Hi metaforce,

 

Can you please log a case with your username and grant salesforce login access.  Then post the case number here.  I'll take a look at it.

 

Thanks,

 

SFDCDev7SFDCDev7

Hi,

 

have a managed packaged and we have uploaded many times before. However when i tried today the upload fails after filling out the version number and other details.
Below is the error message which i got.
"Validate Package" page:
Component Type: Visualforce Page
Problem: Component c

 

I have logged a case. My case # 02716357.

 

Can anyone help me to fix this.

 

Thanks.

A_SmithA_Smith

Hi SFDCDev7,

 

Thanks for logging the case.  We're actively working on the issue.  As soon as a fix is ready, we'll be releasing it to production.  At this time, there are no known work arounds.

 

Thanks, 

ForcecodeForcecode

I have the same issue.

 

I think it makes no sense to log another case then ?

 

Andrew, can you post it here if this is fixed.

 

Thanks.

A_SmithA_Smith

Agree, no need to log another case.  We're actively working on the issue.  It has been extremely difficult to reproduce in our internal testing environment, which is why it is taking longer than expected.  We should have a fix out early this coming week. 

 

 

Thanks for your patience. 

SFDCDev7SFDCDev7

Hi Smith,

 

Any update on this issue?

 

Thanks

A_SmithA_Smith

We have a fix ready and are beginning testing of it today.  If all goes well, we are targetting a release of the fix Thursday evening.  I'll post back to this thread if we find any issues and the Thursday date slips.

 

Again, thank you for your patience.  I know this has take longer than expected, so appreciate the understanding.

 

Best, 

A_SmithA_Smith

Hi All,


I wanted to let you know that the fix is not being released today.  Issues were discovered during testing and are currently under investigation.  The next opportunity to release this fix is Monday evening, assuming the issues we discovered are resolved.  The change that we are making is fairly core to the platform, which is why we’re being a little more cautious than normal.  We want to make sure we get it right and don't regress anything else.

My apologies for the delay.  I assure you as soon as we are confident with the change it will be released. 

 

Thanks, 

A_SmithA_Smith

A fix was released tonight for this issue.  Please feel free to try your uploads. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

 

Best, 

ForcecodeForcecode

Works again for our package.

 

Thank you.