Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to let the following validation rule work:

AND(
AND($User.vub_Bypass_Validation_Rules__c = false, $Profile.Name = 'Profile A'),
OR(AND(OR(ISCHANGED(CaseOwner), ISCHANGED(ContactName), ISCHANGED(Status), ISCHANGED(Internal Comments)),
))
Unfortunately the syntax is not correct.
What I want is to prevent users with the Profile A (for example) to change/edit the standard fields Case Owner, Contact Name (lookup), Status and Internal Comments.

You can not set such fields as read only on page layout level. Users with this profile should be able to edit when Cases are of Record Type "Claim", but not cases of type "Only Information". So I see the only way is with a validation rule.

I would appreciate any help.

Hi everybody,

I don't see too much cases regarding translation issues with the Translation Workbench.
I hope to find answers here. Otherwise I will have to send the question to the Salesforce Support.

A strange phenomenon arose after importing a .STF file with translations to Italian. Our company default language is German. Some users will need to see Salesforce features in Italian and some in French.

I imported the .STF file with translations in Italian to a Sandbox environment. When I log in as a user using German as locale language and look at an Account I see all custom fields appear in Italian and not in German.

When I log in as a user using Italian as the locale lenguage, everything works fine here. The same way when logged in as a user with French as the used language.

When checking the object Account in the Object Manager I see the custom field labels are being displayed in Italian (locale user language is German). When I then click on them the label appears in German in the custom label detail overview.

This is what I see in the Translation Workbench:

User-added image
User-added image
And here what I see in an Account record (in all Account records, any):

Did someone experience this phenomenon? how did you solve such an issue?.
 User-added image
Hi all,

we have an environment where standard and custom objects and fields are in German. We need the translations in French from our customers, so but they asked us for sending a list of field/object labels in German that wil need translations.
I am looking for a good tool in order to make them available this list and once they fill the list with the translaton I should be able to import the file in order to insert them in the Translations feature in Salesforce in the corresponding supported language which in this case would be French.
Does anybody know a best practice or had o deal with such task?. What is the best way for both tasks:

- Provide customers with a list of the field / object labels in one language (we have this in German)
- Does anybody know a Translation template so after this is filled it can be imported directly to the Translations in the corresponding language to translate?. In our case that would be French.

Any help from experience would be appreciated.
Hi all,
we have a very difficult project requirement coming from Switzerland. They want German as their default corporate language.
They don't want want the Language Settings to contain English (grey color). I hadn't added English to the Settings. It was already there, probably when you get a new Salesforce Lightning application, at least English comes automatically selected in the Language Settings?. Not sure.

Unfortunately even if I set German as the Language in every user profile/record, I am not able to deselect English in the Language Settings. There is a note which says: "Languages that appear in gray are currently used by your company, users, or both. They cannot be deactivated in Salesforce".

I wanted to ask you and hopefully I get this clear:

1. How can it be that English appears as already selected in the Language Settings and can not be deactivated?
2. Where do these greyed Languages come from?
3. Anybody here who could let it deactivate by the Salesforce Support per experience? (Support Reqest, opened a case)
4. Which are the risks of having this selected (English) as Language Setting when you want to have your application in German or another language for example or when your default corporate language is another language than English?
Hi all,

I enabled the "Country and State" picklist setting in Salesforce. This allows me to select the default country. I did it. I chose for example Switzerland.

When my user language is English, the Billing Address Country shows me Switzerland as the default country.
If I change my user language to another one which is not English, the Billing Address Country doesn't show me Switzerland anymore as the default, but "None" in the respective language.

Do you know a way how to make the selected default country be always the default one no matter which user language you have?
Hi all,

we have an environment where standard and custom objects and fields are in German. We need the translations in French from our customers, so but they asked us for sending a list of field/object labels in German that wil need translations.
I am looking for a good tool in order to make them available this list and once they fill the list with the translaton I should be able to import the file in order to insert them in the Translations feature in Salesforce in the corresponding supported language which in this case would be French.
Does anybody know a best practice or had o deal with such task?. What is the best way for both tasks:

- Provide customers with a list of the field / object labels in one language (we have this in German)
- Does anybody know a Translation template so after this is filled it can be imported directly to the Translations in the corresponding language to translate?. In our case that would be French.

Any help from experience would be appreciated.
Hi all,
we have a very difficult project requirement coming from Switzerland. They want German as their default corporate language.
They don't want want the Language Settings to contain English (grey color). I hadn't added English to the Settings. It was already there, probably when you get a new Salesforce Lightning application, at least English comes automatically selected in the Language Settings?. Not sure.

Unfortunately even if I set German as the Language in every user profile/record, I am not able to deselect English in the Language Settings. There is a note which says: "Languages that appear in gray are currently used by your company, users, or both. They cannot be deactivated in Salesforce".

I wanted to ask you and hopefully I get this clear:

1. How can it be that English appears as already selected in the Language Settings and can not be deactivated?
2. Where do these greyed Languages come from?
3. Anybody here who could let it deactivate by the Salesforce Support per experience? (Support Reqest, opened a case)
4. Which are the risks of having this selected (English) as Language Setting when you want to have your application in German or another language for example or when your default corporate language is another language than English?