• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello all!

I am collecting some ideas and where I am going wrong.
My project is about a company who sells product with the help of sales people.
Whenever i create a product move, i want to trigger the creation of a delivery, and the delivery fires the creation of a feedback.
should i use the master detail relationship each time, and use the workflow triggers?
in this case i think i have to give a delivery at the creation of a product move. (experience)

how should I do it? what is your opinion?
Hi,
I have a lightning component that is launched from a quick action on the account record page.
The component makes a payment to Stripe using REST and then creates a payment record linked to the account.
The related list of payments (a custom object) is on the account record page.
Is there a way to update this related list to reflect the new record that has been created?
I saw something like this in the realtors sample app, but I think that used a custom component for the related list.
Refreshing the account record view would solve the problem, but seems very "unlightning" like
Hi,
I am working with an org which has the NPSP and a few other packages installed.
Using the "old" development cycle, I created a sandbox from the org, made my changes in eclipse and pushed the changes to production.
Now I want to use scratch orgs.
So I created a scratch org, used my package.xlm file from Eclipse to retrieve the config from the sandbox, converted it to the new format and attempted to push it to the scratch org.
However the config is dependent on fields that are part of the NPSP, so do I have to install all the packages that are in the sandbox manually into the scratch org before I can start development?
This seems to break the idea of a fast turnround - am I missing something?
Hi,
I hope I am missing something obvious, but how do I print a contact record in Lightning?
The standard print in Firefox only prints what is on the screen.
I found an extension for Chrome, but couldn't get it to work.
Has anyone solved this one?
  • September 08, 2017
Hi, I am doing my first lightning org and getting very frustrated by the speed with which config changes are appearing on the page.
For example, I added a new value to a picklist on the contact, then refreshed the contact page - no change.
On the fifth refresh, the new picklist value appear.
I am sure the problem is that Lightning is caching as much as possible to improve the user experience, but  I am wondering is there a magic developer flag to say "Don't cache anything until I am finished development"

• September 01, 2017
Hi,
on my force.com public site, the input date format uses the US format, but the public site guest user shows the time zone as GMT and locale as English/Ireland

The page is very simple and on another org, which looks identical to me, it is fine:
<apex:page standardController="Contact"  >
<apex:form>
<apex:inputField id="Date" value="{!Contact.BirthDate}" />
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

any ideas?
Hi,
using the ui:inputRadio control, I find the difference between selected and not selected far too subtle - all that changes is the colour of the font from a light shade of blue to a darker shade.
Is there a way of changing this?
The one proviso is that I need to use ui:inputRadio - switching to a different control is not an option.
My code so far is:
<fieldset class="slds-form-element">
          <div class="slds-form-element__control">
              <div class="slds-radio_button-group">
                <aura:iteration items="{!v.statuses}" var="statusValue">
                      <span class="slds-button slds-radio_button">
                        <ui:inputRadio change="{!c.onStatusRadio}" aura:id="status" name="radio" label="{!statusValue}" labelClass="slds-radio_button__label slds-radio_faux"/>
                      </span>
                </aura:iteration>
            </div>
        </div>
    </fieldset>

hi,
while updating a trigger in a package using Eclipse, the trigger disappeared from the package and I got "An unexpected error has occurred. 1926442835-27139 (-435729908)"
I tried recreating the trigger in the package, but it says "Error: Trigger name is already in use or has been previously used"

I thought to open a case - but I can't since it is a development issue.
Any clues where I can go from here?
Hi,
the LDS documentation has a component called Accordion and in the developer guidelines section it gives an example https://www.lightningdesignsystem.com/components/accordion/?variant=base

It sounds like a stupid question, but is this example meant to work?
Should I be able to copy the code straight into a new componet and see the effect, or is there more code I have to put around this that is not shown?

Hi,
is it possible to upload files (not attachments) with the data loader?
Since Salesforce says that Notes and Attachments are being replaced by separate Notes and Files I am trying to figure out how to upload a load of files which I would previously have uploaded as attachments.

My only solution so far is to upload them as attachments and then wait for the promised Attachment to File converter.

Hi,
I have a Salesforce community using the customer community plus license.
When I go to manage the community, Administration, Tabs, the Documents tab is not in the list of Available Tabs.
Has anyone any idea why not?
thanks
Hi,
I am trying to get my head around what happens to permissions when I upgrade a package.
I install my package, select "Install for all users" and after the package is installed, I customise the user's profiles to give them the level I access they require.
Then I produce a new version of the package, go back to the customer's org and upgrade the package.
If I select "Install for all Users" will this overwrite the customisations I made to the user's profiles and give everyone access to everything?
If so, should I select "Install for Admins Only" when doing the upgrade?

Hi,
according to the documentation: "Network Access allows you to whitelist a set of IP address ranges that you trust."
If we use this, what is to stop an attacker who has learnt one of our user's passwords, spoofing our IP address to gain access to our system without a verification code?
Hi,
I have the Sharepoint files connector working, so my users can use chatter to browser files in Sharepoint.
I want them to upload files to chatter and for the file to be automatically moved into Sharepoint (at this stage I don't really care where in Sharepoint, I just want to make use of its cheaper file storage).
Does anyone have any apex code that uploads files to Sharepoint - or is there an easier way to do this?

• September 14, 2016
hi,
I have an auth provider created in Salesforce to give me access to Sharepoint online, as part of the files connect setup process.
However, I am wondering if it is possible to get the access token from this in Apex, so that I can use the REST API to send files to Sharepoint without using the Files Connect UI
  • September 06, 2016
Hi,
I am using this code to get the id of the list views on contacts:

Database.QueryLocator ql = Database.getQueryLocator('select id from Contact');
ApexPages.StandardSetController setController = new ApexPages.StandardSetController(ql);
System.SelectOption[] listViews = setController.getListViewOptions();
for(System.SelectOption listView : listViews)
{
    system.debug ('List view details: ' + listView);
}

but it doesn't give me the list views that appear when I go to the mass email contacts wizard - does anyone know how to get these?

My objective is to add a button to the campaign which will launch the wizard with the list view selected that matches the name of the campaign, just to cut a step out of the process.
thanks
Hi,
I need to turn off the "Salesforce1 User" checkbox on all my portal user records (because it causes problems with iPads).
I tried both building a user report and examining the user record schema, but I cannot find the name of this field.
Has anyone any idea how I can turn off this flag for 700 users without going into each one individual?
thanks.
Hi,
I just got our app passed the security review, listed it on the app exchange and the installed it on a sandbox.But when I look at it in the "Installed Packages" section of setup, the "Limits" box is ticked.

I thought that once the app was installed as a managed package from the app exchange it was immune from the limits.

Have I missed a step?
Hi,
I am trying to use a nested repeat in an apex:map, but as soon as I try I get an error "<apex:repeat> cannot be used inside <apex:map> in the markup.

Here is the page:
<apex:page Controller="TestMapController" >
    <apex:map id="visitsMap" width="100%" height="800px" mapType="roadmap" center="Dublin, Ireland">  
         <apex:repeat value="{!Addresses}" var="address">
            <apex:repeat value="{!Addresses}" var="subaddress">
                <apex:mapMarker title="{!address}" position="{!address}">
                </apex:mapMarker>
             </apex:repeat>
       </apex:repeat>
    </apex:map>

and the controller is:
public class TestMapController
{
    public String[] getAddresses()
    {
        return new String[]{'120 Drumcondra Road, Dublin 9','3 Corbawn Court, Dublin 18','35 Cremore Cresent, Dublin 11'};
    }
}

can anyone see what I am doing wrong?
Hi,
I have a visual force page that displays the number of records available for processing - a single number with one SOQL statement behind it:

List<aggregateResult> recordsLeft = [select count(ID) toProcess from Assessment__c where Processed_for_SPSS__c = false and Assessment_Date__c > 2006-01-01 ];

I get a time limit exceeded error nine times out of ten when I try to display the page.
Assessment_Date__c is indexed.
I have about 20,000 records
Is there anything I can do to speed this up?

Hi,
now that push notification is on general release, is there a sample native android app that demonstrates it?

I thought I had the code right when an entry appeared i the "Mobile Push Registrations" page, but when I used the test page to send a JSON string to my app, and set a breakpoint in the interface function, the code never got to the function.

Then I refreshed the  "Mobile Push Registrations" page and the entry had disappeared.

My OnCreate code is pretty much a copy and paste from the documentation:

public static MyReceiveNotification mrn = new MyReceiveNotification();

@Override
public void onCreate() {
  super.onCreate();
  SalesforceSDKManager.initNative(getApplicationContext(), new KeyImpl(), MainActivity.class);
  SalesforceSDKManager.getInstance().setPushNotificationReceiver(mrn);
}

• September 01, 2014
Hi,
I hope I am missing something obvious, but how do I print a contact record in Lightning?
  • September 08, 2017
hi,
I have an auth provider created in Salesforce to give me access to Sharepoint online, as part of the files connect setup process.
However, I am wondering if it is possible to get the access token from this in Apex, so that I can use the REST API to send files to Sharepoint without using the Files Connect UI
  • September 06, 2016
Hi,
I am using a flow to allow a user to edit a record.
I can display the current value of all the fields in the record except for picklists - is there any way to do this?

Also all my picklists in the flow are mandatory - do they have to be?

Hi,
we are using both Salesforce Enterprise and the Enterprise One App licenses.
If I develop a hybrid mobile app using SDK 2.1, do my users need the mobile feature license, or is that only required for the Salesforce Classic app?
thanks.

Hi,
I have a lightning component that is launched from a quick action on the account record page.
The component makes a payment to Stripe using REST and then creates a payment record linked to the account.
The related list of payments (a custom object) is on the account record page.
Is there a way to update this related list to reflect the new record that has been created?
I saw something like this in the realtors sample app, but I think that used a custom component for the related list.
Refreshing the account record view would solve the problem, but seems very "unlightning" like
Hi,
I am working with an org which has the NPSP and a few other packages installed.
Using the "old" development cycle, I created a sandbox from the org, made my changes in eclipse and pushed the changes to production.
Now I want to use scratch orgs.
So I created a scratch org, used my package.xlm file from Eclipse to retrieve the config from the sandbox, converted it to the new format and attempted to push it to the scratch org.
However the config is dependent on fields that are part of the NPSP, so do I have to install all the packages that are in the sandbox manually into the scratch org before I can start development?
This seems to break the idea of a fast turnround - am I missing something?
Hi,
  • September 08, 2017
Hi, I am doing my first lightning org and getting very frustrated by the speed with which config changes are appearing on the page.
For example, I added a new value to a picklist on the contact, then refreshed the contact page - no change.
On the fifth refresh, the new picklist value appear.
I am sure the problem is that Lightning is caching as much as possible to improve the user experience, but  I am wondering is there a magic developer flag to say "Don't cache anything until I am finished development"

• September 01, 2017
Hi,
on my force.com public site, the input date format uses the US format, but the public site guest user shows the time zone as GMT and locale as English/Ireland

The page is very simple and on another org, which looks identical to me, it is fine:
<apex:page standardController="Contact"  >
<apex:form>
<apex:inputField id="Date" value="{!Contact.BirthDate}" />
</apex:form>

any ideas?
Hi,
I have a load file having around 800000 records trying to UPSERT  through data loader for one of object Invoice__c .Load stopped in between at the record count 600000.I want to load only remaing records but how can I identify the records loaded in the loadfile .
Does the dataloader loads the records any particular order ?Does it sorts the records based on any key ?

Please let me know if any one experienced this before.

Thanks,
Hello all!

I am collecting some ideas and where I am going wrong.
My project is about a company who sells product with the help of sales people.
Whenever i create a product move, i want to trigger the creation of a delivery, and the delivery fires the creation of a feedback.
should i use the master detail relationship each time, and use the workflow triggers?
in this case i think i have to give a delivery at the creation of a product move. (experience)

how should I do it? what is your opinion?
Hi,
using the ui:inputRadio control, I find the difference between selected and not selected far too subtle - all that changes is the colour of the font from a light shade of blue to a darker shade.
Is there a way of changing this?
The one proviso is that I need to use ui:inputRadio - switching to a different control is not an option.
My code so far is:
<fieldset class="slds-form-element">
          <div class="slds-form-element__control">
              <div class="slds-radio_button-group">
                <aura:iteration items="{!v.statuses}" var="statusValue">
                      <span class="slds-button slds-radio_button">
                        <ui:inputRadio change="{!c.onStatusRadio}" aura:id="status" name="radio" label="{!statusValue}" labelClass="slds-radio_button__label slds-radio_faux"/>
                      </span>
                </aura:iteration>
            </div>
        </div>
    </fieldset>

hi,
while updating a trigger in a package using Eclipse, the trigger disappeared from the package and I got "An unexpected error has occurred. 1926442835-27139 (-435729908)"
I tried recreating the trigger in the package, but it says "Error: Trigger name is already in use or has been previously used"

I thought to open a case - but I can't since it is a development issue.
Any clues where I can go from here?
Hi,
the LDS documentation has a component called Accordion and in the developer guidelines section it gives an example https://www.lightningdesignsystem.com/components/accordion/?variant=base

It sounds like a stupid question, but is this example meant to work?
Should I be able to copy the code straight into a new componet and see the effect, or is there more code I have to put around this that is not shown?

Hi,
is it possible to upload files (not attachments) with the data loader?
Since Salesforce says that Notes and Attachments are being replaced by separate Notes and Files I am trying to figure out how to upload a load of files which I would previously have uploaded as attachments.

My only solution so far is to upload them as attachments and then wait for the promised Attachment to File converter.

Hi,
I am trying to get my head around what happens to permissions when I upgrade a package.
I install my package, select "Install for all users" and after the package is installed, I customise the user's profiles to give them the level I access they require.
Then I produce a new version of the package, go back to the customer's org and upgrade the package.
If I select "Install for all Users" will this overwrite the customisations I made to the user's profiles and give everyone access to everything?
If so, should I select "Install for Admins Only" when doing the upgrade?

Hi,
I need to turn off the "Salesforce1 User" checkbox on all my portal user records (because it causes problems with iPads).
I tried both building a user report and examining the user record schema, but I cannot find the name of this field.
Has anyone any idea how I can turn off this flag for 700 users without going into each one individual?
thanks.
Hi, has anyone tried integrating with RealEx - the payment processor? They provide sample code in Java that I am going to try converting to Apex, but I was hoping someone had already done this. thanks

Hi,

I know similar questions on this have been asked before, but jus tin case someone has an answer.

I am making SOAP callouts from asynchrous code and it was all working fine until the certs expired on the server I was calling.

the certs were replaced, but now I get the following error:

Failed to loginSystem.CalloutException: IO Exception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Is it possible that Salesforce is caching the cert somewhere?

I tried deleting the remote site in the security controls and recreating it, but it made no difference.

The guy in charge of the server I am calling has come back with this:

I checked the following link: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Outbound_Messaging_SSL_CA_Certificates

Our certificate was signed by the following root certificate: COMODO High-Assurance Secure Server CA

Which in turn was signed by AddTrust External CA Root

This I can find in the list: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Outbound_Messaging_SSL_CA_Certificates#addtrustexternalca

The values seem to match, so the certificate should be recognised fine.