• 10 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a button on the account page that calls a js window.open() when clicked.  

I also have a field on account called Status.  

The button can be pushed any time.  However it must be clicked when Status is set to 47.

Since the users are forgetful i want to automatically call the window.open() for them whenever status=47.

How do I do this - by any realistic means (apex, wfr, flow, pb....) 

Thanks,

Steve 

While MavensMate is riding off into the sunset, it's going to remain relevant for a bit.  That said, what's The Thing to use moving forward to connect VS Code, Atom, or Sublime to the Salesforce backend?

Thanks,

Steve 
When a user clicks on a quick action, say in the lightning console, the action expands to show its layout.

Other than doing a page refresh - is there a way to make it to collapse back to its original state, using less screen space; espically if the user chose not to complete the action?

Thanks,
I have a method that includes conversion of a lead.  The database.convertlead() call is wrapped in a try/catch.
try {
	Database.LeadConvertResult lcr = Database.convertLead(lc);
} catch (exception e) {
    lpTools.logError('Client_Hub_Attachment_Tools.convertPortalProspects', e);
}

How do I force an error in my test code so I can exercise the catch part?

Thanks,

Steve 

This is driving me nuts...

My trigger has 42% coverage in my sandbox but it won't deploy saying that the coverage is 0% (code below).  The test method both inserts and updates an opportunity. I'm lost as to why the trigger never fires.

Things I've tried so far...
  • I tried a creating new trigger and deactivating the old one. 
  • The trigger's system version was 18 - I updated it to 40.
  • I tried implementing the changes in a brand new sandbox.
  • I've given it a rest and waited 12 hours (read that trying again gets it working)
All to no avail

Please help save my sanity -- I don't understand why I'm getting 0% coverage of the trigger.

Thanks,

Here's my test code....
@isTest
private class paymentManager_test {

@isTest static void test_addingPayments() {
        id acctRT = lpTools.getRecordTypeID('Account', 'Business');
        id oppRT = lpTools.getRecordTypeID('Opportunity', 'Donation');
        account a = new account(name = 'test', recordtypeid=acctRT);
        insert a;
        opportunity o = new opportunity(name='blah', accountid=a.id, closedate=date.today(), stagename='Pledged', amount=47, recordtypeid = oppRT);
        insert o;
        o.stagename = 'Posted';
        update o;
    }
}

Here's the trigger...
trigger opportunityTrigger on Opportunity (before insert, before update, before delete, after insert, after update, after delete, after undelete) {

// Add payments to newly closed opps
    if (trigger.isAfter){
        list<Opportunity> inNeed = new list<Opportunity>();
        if (trigger.isInsert) {
            for (Opportunity is : trigger.new) { 
                if (is.stagename == 'Posted' && is.amount > 0) inNeed.add(is);
            }
        }
        else if (trigger.isUpdate){
            for (Opportunity is : trigger.new) {
                Opportunity was = trigger.oldmap.get(is.id);
                if (is.stagename == 'Posted' && is.amount > 0 && is.Num_Payments__c == 0 && (was.stagename != 'Posted' || was.amount == null || was.amount == 0)) inNeed.add(is);
            }
        }
        paymentManager.addPayments(inNeed);
    }
}

I've got some code that's throwing errors that provide no information of value.  I wrapped it in a try/catch block to catch the exception at the source so I can isolate and correct it, but its now throwing CPU time outs.

So I've gotta ask - are try/catches super processor intensive? 

Also - tips for working around this would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
I have lightning action button that calls a server-side process - JS controller code below.

My problem is that the callback only fires if the apex method performs no DML calls.  Otherwise, it never fires.

buttonClick : function(component, event, helper) {
    var action = component.get("c.apexCall");
    action.setParams({"contactID": component.get("v.recordId")});

action.setCallback(this, function(response){
        console.log('in callback...');
    });
    $A.enqueueAction(action);
}

I'm new to Lightning - please help me understand how to get around issue?

Thanks,

Steve 
I'm creating a custom quick action for the lightning ui that requires no user input - just click the button and it starts.

Is it possible to prevent the Quick Action dialog from showing?  

While not as good a solution, I'd like to make it vanish immediately, but I can't make it happen.

Component:
<aura:component implements="force:lightningQuickActionWithoutHeader">
    <aura:handler name="init" value="{!this}" action="{!c.dismissIt}" />
</aura:component>

JS Controller:
dismissIt : function(component, event, helper) {
        var wasDismissed = $A.get("e.force:closeQuickAction").fire(); 
    }
As you can see they're as simple as possible but it's just not working.

Any suggestions?  

Thanks,

Steve 

I have a method that loops through one map and adds relevant information from a another map.  
for(id opp : opps.keySet()){
  id dg = opps.get(opp);
  if (templates.containsKey(dg) ) {
    list<npsp__Allocation__c> thisTemplate = templates.get(dg);
    for (npsp__Allocation__c t : thisTemplate) {
      t.npsp__Opportunity__c = opp;
      toInsert.add(t);
      system.debug('added: '+toInsert[toInsert.size()-1].npsp__Opportunity__c);  // << #1
    }
  }
}

system.debug('------------------ ');
for (npsp__Allocation__c a : toInsert ) system.debug(a.npsp__Opportunity__c);   // << #2

Looking at the output from the debug statements - the two ids are different, specificially one includes FF and the other includes FG.  However when interrogated again they're both FG.

User-added image

What's going on?  How do I fix this?  I have tried changing API version of the code - no luck.  
I'm generating a pdf letter in a vf page and am tripping on a very simple thing...

If the field giftAmount, which is passed in from apex as say $2,500.00 is over 1000, I want to sign the lettter Sonja, otherwise I'd like to sign it Karen.

How do I do this in VF?

Current Code - gives generic "Syntax Error" message
{!IF( Value({!giftAmount}) >= 1000, "Sonja", "Karen")}

Thanks for the help...

Steve 
<rant>
Is it my imagination or has something changed so that developer docs stopped googling properly in the past month or so?

I often enter a google query such as:   sfdc apex map methods

For years one of the top results would be the page describing all methods you can do to a map.

Now, however, all you get is the developer documentation home page.  Which is useless in great part because the search within the developer documentation site is quite weak.

Ugh!
</rant>
Hi - 

I've got a circumstance where I need to pass the name of a class method to another method which would execute then passed method.

Example:
the class I'd want to call:
public class1 {
    public static void methodA() {
    };
}

The class I'd pass the method name to...
public class2 {
   public static void methodRunner(string methodName) {
      run( class1.methodName() );  // call that would execute the method (TBD)
   }
}

so the call would be - 
class2.methodRunner( class1.methodA );

In case you're wondering why go to all this work? 
I'd like to create a generic way to run class methods as batch processes from the console in prod to efficiently retrofit existing data - without littering the prod org with lots of one-time use code.

Looking forward to everyone's collective insights...

Thanks,

Steve 
Hello,

I'm looking to add some of the new apex:map functionality to one of the orgs I manage.  While it's pretty fantastic how they've made it so easy, there's also some basic things I've noticed lacking.  Specifically...

1. Controlling the color of the map markers.  This is key if you want to show more than one type of thing on the map.

2. Showing a window of data about whatever's at each marker.

3. Capturing marker-related events.  For example, I'd like to capture mouseup, so users can choose a location off the map.

Has anyone approached these challenges yet?  If so, how have you solved them?

Thanks a lot,

Steve
Oakland
I know this is an often re-tread thread but I'm going kinda bananas on something that should be a no-brainer...

I'm studying for the 401 exam by going through the slide-videos of Salesforce's "Building Applications with Force.com" parts 1 & 2. 

As I try to do the exercises, I'm finding there's a bunch of stuff - objects, profiles, etc., that aren't in my developer org and referred to but not described in the materials - as if they should already be present. I have this strong feeling there's a course setup that I'm missing. 

Have others found this? Have you found a setup that sets the context for the course?

While I could limp along or just skip the exercise, I'm afraid I'll miss valuable stuff...

Thanks for your help...

Steve
Hi - 

I've got a circumstance where I need to pass the name of a class method to another method which would execute then passed method.

Example:
public class1 {
    };
}

public class2 {
   }
}

so the call would be - 

I'd like to create a generic way to run class methods as batch processes from the console in prod to efficiently retrofit existing data - without littering the prod org with lots of one-time use code.

Thanks,

Steve 
I've got some code that's throwing errors that provide no information of value.  I wrapped it in a try/catch block to catch the exception at the source so I can isolate and correct it, but its now throwing CPU time outs.

So I've gotta ask - are try/catches super processor intensive? 

Also - tips for working around this would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
I'm creating a custom quick action for the lightning ui that requires no user input - just click the button and it starts.

Is it possible to prevent the Quick Action dialog from showing?  

While not as good a solution, I'd like to make it vanish immediately, but I can't make it happen.

Component:
<aura:component implements="force:lightningQuickActionWithoutHeader">
    <aura:handler name="init" value="{!this}" action="{!c.dismissIt}" />
</aura:component>

JS Controller:
dismissIt : function(component, event, helper) {
        var wasDismissed = $A.get("e.force:closeQuickAction").fire(); 
    }
As you can see they're as simple as possible but it's just not working.

Any suggestions?  

Thanks,

Steve 

I have a method that loops through one map and adds relevant information from a another map.  
for(id opp : opps.keySet()){
  id dg = opps.get(opp);
  if (templates.containsKey(dg) ) {
    list<npsp__Allocation__c> thisTemplate = templates.get(dg);
    for (npsp__Allocation__c t : thisTemplate) {
      t.npsp__Opportunity__c = opp;
      toInsert.add(t);
      system.debug('added: '+toInsert[toInsert.size()-1].npsp__Opportunity__c);  // << #1
    }
  }
}

system.debug('------------------ ');
for (npsp__Allocation__c a : toInsert ) system.debug(a.npsp__Opportunity__c);   // << #2

Looking at the output from the debug statements - the two ids are different, specificially one includes FF and the other includes FG.  However when interrogated again they're both FG.

User-added image

What's going on?  How do I fix this?  I have tried changing API version of the code - no luck.  
<rant>
Is it my imagination or has something changed so that developer docs stopped googling properly in the past month or so?

I often enter a google query such as:   sfdc apex map methods

For years one of the top results would be the page describing all methods you can do to a map.

Now, however, all you get is the developer documentation home page.  Which is useless in great part because the search within the developer documentation site is quite weak.

Ugh!
</rant>
Hi - 

Example:
public class1 {
    };
}

public class2 {
   }
}

so the call would be - 

Thanks,

Steve 

Trapdoor is awesome but I do have some things that I wish I could control or fix.

1.) Duplicate URL.

I entered a URL into my list of servers as http://www.salesforce.com/login and then again as http://www.salesforce.com/login/

Trapdoor lists these as 2 distinct servers but if I delete one in order to correct it, Trapdoor deletes the other server in the list too.

I wish I could manually edit the list of servers and login details so that I could correct my typo.

2.) Sorting

I see that there is a "sort by alias" option but I don't see this working as expected.

If I had access to the list of servers ( see 1 above ) I would be happy to manually edit and order my servers.

Thanks !!