Database technology is the persistence layer at the heart of all data-centric applications, in charge of organizing, protecting, and managing shared database access reliably, securely, efficiently. The Force.com database powers all of Salesforce's products today, serving more than more than 100,000 organizations, 135,000 applications, 3 million users, 1 billion transactions per day with an average request response time of less than 300ms, all with an average up time of 99.9+ percent.
- Easy to Use
- With Force.com, there’s nothing to manage — the platform takes care of everything for you. There’s no software to install, update, and patch. No worries about database backup and disaster recovery. No complex documentation set with thousands of pages and parameters to tune for performance or elasticity.
- Force.com is built with the security and privacy of customer information in mind, and meets all of the highest industry standards, including SAS 70 Type II, SysTrust, and ISO 27001 certifications.
- Force.com is more than just another database system — it’s jam-packed with next-generation features that make building and maintaining highly functional, secure, social, and mobile apps a snap.
- Force.com’s full complement of open APIs lets you build and integrate applications using the approach of your choice. REST- and SOAP-based APIs are standards-based APIs that make Force.com open to whatever programming language you want to use. Using various APIs, your applications can do many things such as create-read-update-delete (CRUD) business data, load a large number of records asynchronously, and take advantage of the Chatter API to provide collaboration and social networking capabilities to any application.
Core Learning Resources
We recommend that you start by doing tutorials in Trailhead, and then reference the official Salesforce documentation.
- Trailhead Module: Data Modeling
- Trailhead Module: Apex Basics and Database
Official Salesforce Documentation
The following resources are written and maintained by Salesforce's award-winning documentation team. The content is updated every time Salesforce is upgraded with a new release, typically three times per year. You will always find the most current and trusted content in the official Salesforce documentation.
The following resources contain valuable content written by Salesforce and our community. Note that the content may not be regularly maintained.