This handy cross-platform utility makes bulk updating any updatable field or bulk deleting any type of records fast and easy. It's like a cross between Excel Connector and Apex Explorer that simplifies updating fields.
Lookup - Look up picklist, multi-picklist, and true/false values.
- 1.0.5 - April 25, 2007
- 1.0.4 - April 24, 2007
- Now supports Mass Delete!
- Query can now retrieve deleted records.
- Fixes to Query Builder
- 1.0.3 - April 10, 2007
- Query Builder now supports Sort and Limit
- Dialogs will now stay on top of main window
- Added Lookup Functionaility for picklist, multi-picklist, and boolean fields
- Added date and email validation for Mass Fill
- 1.0.2 - April 2, 2007
- Added Filtering capability to Query Builder.
- Fixed Windows Installer to call javaw on startup.
- Added additional error handling.
- 1.0.1 - March 26, 2007
- New Query Builder
- Clean up UI
- 1.0 - Initial Release
- Windows or Mac OS X with JDK 1.5.
There are currently two versions you can download from the AppExchange:
- Download setup.exe and execute
- By default, it will install to C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Mass Update Anything
- You can choose to execute Mass Update Anything on completion of installation or run it from the start menu.
Mac OS X
- Download and unzip downloaded file
- Execute MassUpdateInstaller.pkg
- By default, the installer installs Mass Update Anything to the Applications folder
- Navigate to Start->All Programs->salesforce.com->Mass Update Anything and execute Mass Update
Mac OS X
- Navigate to Applications folder (or search for Mass Update.app using Spotlight)
- Execute Mass Update.app
- Login with salesforce.com account.
- Define Query and click "Execute"
- Choose field to Mass Fill. Specify value for Mass Fill (or check Nullify to clear). Click Mass Fill.
- Click Save to update the records in salesforce.com. This updates all retrieved records, not just the rows that are shown.
- Click Mass Delete to delete the retrieved records. This deletes all retrieved records, not just the rows that are shown.
- Username is not persisted unless the Remember Username checkbox on the Login dialog is unchecked and then checked.
- Selecting a multipicklist field doesn't generate the query correctly.
- The default Screen resolution is fixed and as a result isn't usable on a letterbox display sized at 1280 x 720 without resetting the computer's display resolution - Screen should adjust to display resolution.
- Should be fixed when 1.0.3 gets released on 4/9/2007. This is postponed for a few days. Stay tuned. --Nick Tran (Tran Man) 10:02, 10 April 2007 (PDT)
- Save does nothing
- If the Id field is not selected, the query will still execute but the Save does nothing.
- Add progress bar during Query and Mass Update
- Add ability to save and load queries.
- Disable edit on Table.
- Window for typing User and Password for access through proxy