This document shows how to propagate destructive changes from one Developer Edition org to another using the Force.com Migration Tool for Apache Ant.
Before proceeding, please note that these instructions assume you are familiar with the basic functionality of the Force.com IDE, the Force.com Migration Tool for Apache Ant, and the format of the destructiveChanges.xml file. If not, take some time to become familiar with all of these before proceeding.
1. First, create an empty destructiveChanges.xml file. Yours might start out looking like this:
2. Check your destructiveChanges.xml file in to your source code control system.
Every time you delete a component:
1. Identify the name of the metadata component member.
2. Identify the name of the metadata component type.
3. Add an entry to your destructiveChanges.xml file using this format:
4. Repeat steps 1-3 for every component you have deleted.
5. Check in the changes you made to your destructiveChanges.xml file to your source code control system.
6. Notify your team that they should refresh their destructiveChanges.xml files and run the Force.com Migration Tool for Apache Ant against it.