Salesforce Platform APIs
Salesforce provides programmatic access to your organization’s information using simple, powerful, and secure application programming interfaces.
The following pages provide more information on how to access and use Salesforce APIs:
- REST API - Access objects in your organization using REST.
- SOAP API - Integrate your organization’s data with other applications using SOAP.
- Tooling API - Build custom development tools for Force.com applications. Coming soon!
- Chatter REST API - Access Chatter feeds and social data such as users, groups, followers, and files using REST.
- Bulk API - Load or delete large numbers of records.
- Metadata API - Manage customizations in your org and build tools that manage the metadata model (not the data, itself).
- Streaming API - Provide a stream of data reflecting data changes in your organization.
- Apex REST API - Build your own REST API in Apex. This API exposes Apex classes as RESTful Web services.
- Apex SOAP API - Create custom SOAP Web services in Apex. This API exposes Apex classes as SOAP Web services.
- Data.com API - Data.com provides 100% complete, high quality data, updated in real-time in the cloud, and with comprehensive coverage worldwide.