It is our pleasure to have Fabien Taillon on this episode of the Salesforce Developer Podcast. Fabien is a Salesforce MVP and the Chief Technical Officer at Texeï in France. We talk to him about taking a critical application from Aura and porting it to Lightning Web Components (LWC). Fabien discusses his experiences as he transitioned to this new programming model.
- How Fabien’s company recognized a need for a new component and decided to build it directly in Salesforce
- About Salesforce’s launch of Lightning Web Components and how they looked at and embraced web standards so they would ensure this would be helpful for developers
- The differences and similarities between Aura and Lightning Web Components
- Fabien’s strategy to roll out two different versions of the application and why he chose to run them in parallel
- Fabien’s Salesforce DX plugin and its benefits
- The direction Fabien gave to his developers after his experience with LWC