Michael is a lead member of the technical staff over at Salesforce.org. In this episode, Michael and I talk all about the Nonprofit Success Pack. We discuss its history, development cycle, and new features and how Salesforce.org manages to maintain new features as well as the diversity of size and shape of nonprofits.
Michael has been developing on the Salesforce Platform since the early days, so tune in to hear his stories of getting into the ecosystem and lessons learned over the years.
- How Michael got into the Salesforce ecosystem.
- The first thing he built on the Salesforce Platform.
- What his time as a consultant looked like and words of advice for those going into consulting today.
- Features of the Nonprofit Success Pack.
- The distinction between a constituent and a customer.
- What nonprofits on the larger end of the spectrum look like.
- How recurring donations work.
- What the accounting sub-ledger is and how it works, including the new payment solution, Elevate.
- Michael on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Force2b_Mike
- Michael on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mgsmithnj/
- Michael on Github: https://github.com/force2b
- Open Source Sprints: https://powerofus.force.com/s/article/SFDO-OSC-Get-Started
- Nonprofit Success Pack: https://www.salesforce.org/nonprofit/nonprofit-success-pack/