The AJAX Toolkit
- The AJAX Toolkit is available for any organization that has API access.
- The AJAX Toolkit supports Microsoft® Internet Explorer® versions 9, 10, and
11 with the latest Microsoft hot fixes applied, and Mozilla® Firefox®, most recent stable
- The AJAX Toolkit is based on the partner WSDL. Because there is no type checking
is not needed.
- You can execute any call in the API, and
access any API object that you normally have access to.
- You can issue asynchronous calls, and use callback functions to
handle the results. For more information, see API Calls
and the AJAX Toolkit.
- You can use header options with a different syntax than in the API. For
more information, see Using SOAP Header Options with the AJAX Toolkit.
- You can handle errors with the AJAX Toolkit. For more information, see Error Handling with the AJAX Toolkit.
- The AJAX Toolkit supports relationship queries. See Synchronous Examples for examples of relationship queries.
and processes, such as within a Visualforce page.