Customer Service Center UI Customization
There are customizable areas in the Customer Service Center UI that you can modify directly in Business Manager.
Customizable areas are not localized into languages supported by Business Manager. Customizable areas can be modified and localized as needed.
The customizable areas are composed of forms or views. All labels are obtained from Salesforce B2C Commerce metadata and can be overwritten.
Each customizable area has a default configuration. You can modify the configuration. To reset a configuration to the default, you delete the modified configuration. However, before resetting the configuration to the default, if you want to save the modified configuration, copy, paste, and save it outside of Business Manager.
You can replicate Customer Service Center UI customizations to a target system by checking CSC Settings as one of the Replication Tasks.
An advanced customization lets you reference data from predefined sources.
All attributes follow the naming conventions of Commerce Cloud OCAPI:
- System attributes are referenced as described in the corresponding Shop API documents. for example: postal_code
- Custom attributes are always marked with the prefix c_ and have their own namespace, for example: c_HouseNumber
Each configuration contains at least two top-level elements and the version:
- version: specifies the version of the current configuration. When a new version is available, the version is automatically updated.
- areas: is the top-level and outermost configuration that defines the spaces or sections on the presentation layer. The area contains the layout and widgets. The area contains the specific tab layout and is referenced in the tab.
- layout: specifies the appearance of a customizable area. For example, a form layout defines the fields in the form. The layout contains the widgets.
- widgets: specifies functional UI elements that are used in the layout. Widgets register widgets and their respective configuration.