Configure and Test Recommenders
When using the Einstein Product Recommendations API, configure the recommenders you want to use first, and then test the output of those recommenders.
Configuring recommenders for the API is the same as creating them for your storefront. For more information on where to place recommenders and how to select strategies, see Recommenders and Strategies in the Salesforce B2C Commerce Infocenter.
For a step-by-step tutorial on how to set up and configure recommenders, you can view the visit Configuring a Recommender for Product Recommendations in the Salesforce B2C Commerce Infocenter.
These high-level examples can help you start creating and placing recommenders that you can use to test the Einstein Recommendations API.
- Homepage - Consider recommending best sellers or the most popular products from the whole catalog. To do that, select a Products in All Categories recommender, and select "Recent top sellers" or "Recent most viewed" as the primary strategy.
- Product Detail Page - To recommend products based on the product currently being viewed, consider a Product to Product recommender. To show products that a shopper may also like, select "Customers who viewed also viewed" as the primary strategy for this recommender. To show products that others also bought, select "Customers who bought also bought" as the primary strategy for this recommender. To recommend complementary items for apparel sets, consider Complete the Set recommender.
- Category Grid Page - To recommend products based on the category currently being viewed, consider the Products in a Category recommender. To show featured products in this category, you can select "Recent top sellers" or "Recent most viewed" as the primary strategy.
- Cart - To capture upsell opportunities, consider the Recently Viewed or the Products in All Categories recommenders. As an alternative, you can configure the cart page to take in products in the cart used as anchors, and use the Product to Product recommender or Complete the Set recommender.
- 404 or No Search Result Page - Consider showing shoppers featured products by using the Products in All Categories recommender. Or remind shoppers of recently visited products by using the Recently Viewed recommender.
To test getting recommendations, get a list of available recommenders for your site first, and then test the recommendation results generated by the recommender you choose.
- To get a list of available recommenders, use the
- Ensure that you have one or more of the available recommenders set up in Einstein Configurator.
- From the list of recommenders, choose one and test the generated product recommendations provided using the