Standard cart REST APIs are the next-generation version of the cart-based APIs available in Summer'23. The standard cart APIs and their remote methods provide a layer of abstraction between client application development and the configuration of the underlying CPQ cart-based operation logic. Users can access and manipulate the quote, order, and cart data in the industries Configure, Price, Quote (CPQ).
Following are some of the features of standard cart APIs.
- RESTful Web APIs designed to enable client application users to shop for and order products and services at a much faster rate.
- Deliver the industries-specific CPQ engine on Salesforce core to improve the performance of cart-based operations.
- Optimized for highly interactive cart operations done by contact centre agents and sales representatives with faster processing of the API calls.
- Improve the performance and scalability of the existing cart-based APIs.
- The APIs previously relied on Apex. Now, the standard cart APIs use standard Salesforce libraries to process logic which reduces the time taken for each call.
- The standard cart APIs now use the scale cache to get information for calls. For example, when you run the Add to Cart API, the product configuration of the bundle is pulled from the scale cache. Note that the scale cache record is populated by running EPC compiled data jobs.
- The standard cart APIs reduce operational complexities by reducing SOQLS for fetching product-related information.
- Improved API usability and reduced technical debt by removing redundant APIs and logic.
- Easy migration path from the existing APIs to the standard cart APIs.
Before you begin, Review the considerations for using the standard cart APIs.