Communicate Across the DOM with Lightning Message Service
Use Lightning message service to communicate across the DOM within a Lightning page. Communicate between Visualforce pages embedded in the same Lightning page, Aura components, and Lightning web components, including components in a utility bar and pop-out utilities. Choose whether a component subscribes to messages from the entire application, or from only the active area.
If you're switching from Salesforce Classic to Lightning Experience, you can build Lightning web components that communicate with existing Visualforce pages or Aura components. You can also use Lightning message service to communicate with softphones via Open CTI.
Lightning message service is available in Lightning Experience and for Lightning components used in Experience Builder sites.
- Component Reference: lightning/messageService
- Blog: Lightning Message Service
- Lightning Aura Components Developer Guide: Communicating Across the DOM with Lightning Message Service
- Visualforce Developer Guide: Communicating Across the DOM with Lightning Message Service
- Open CTI Developer Guide: Lightning Message Service Methods for Lightning Experience