Use Salesforce Reports for Excel to import Salesforce data into Excel and apply formulas and formatting. You can combine different data sets using Excel’s VLOOKUP function, refresh data in Excel with information from Salesforce, and build dashboards using Excel pivot tables and charts.
New features include:
- Single sign-on
- Faster import of reports
- Support for folders and sorting
NOTE: Salesforce Reports for Excel is currently available through a pilot program. Any
unreleased services or features referenced in this or other documentation are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make purchasing decisions on the basis of features that are currently available.
Download the Salesforce Reports for Excel .zip file, which includes an executable and documentation. The documentation explains how to install Salesforce Reports for Excel and get started quickly.
Make sure you meet the following requirements:
Salesforce Reports for Excel is available in Free Trial, Enterprise, Unlimited, and Developer editions.
- Microsoft® Excel® 2010 (64-bit and 32-bit) or 2007
- Microsoft Windows® 7 (64-bit and 32-bit), Windows Vista® (32-bit only), or Windows XP (32-bit only)
- Latest versions of hot fixes for Microsoft® Office® and Windows
- System administrator privileges (if you don’t have system administrator privileges for your computer, contact your IT department)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- Microsoft Visual Studio® 2010 Tools for Office Runtime
- Primary Interop Assemblies (PIA) Redistributable for your version of Microsoft Excel
- Single sign-on: My Domain required if you use SAML in Salesforce Reports for Excel (Salesforce Reports for Excel uses the OAuth protocol for single sign-on; using a separate online identity provider for single sign-on is not supported)
- Microsoft Office Click-to-Run not supported
Known Issues in the Pilot
- Formatting in Groups is lost on import
- Pre-release is not supported