The changes we have made to enhance performance ensure that metadata deploys and retrieves run through a more efficient code path.
NOTICE: The changes to enhance code performance are currently in beta. If you find any bugs or have feedback, open a GitHub issue.
To enable this beta feature:
- Select File > Preferences > Settings (Windows or Linux) or Code > Preferences > Settings (macOS).
- Under Salesforce Feature Previews, select Experimental: Deploy Retrieve.
Performance enhancements are in effect when you run the following commands:
- SFDX: Deploy This Source to Org
- SFDX: Retrieve This Source from Org
- SFDX: Deploy Source in Manifest to Org
- SFDX: Retrieve Source in Manifest from Org
- Retrieve Using the Org Browser