Announcing the Next Salesforce Million Dollar Hackathon!
Hackers, mark your calendars for October 10-12, 2014! We can’t wait to see what you’ll build at the Salesforce $1 Million Hackathon.
Salesforce.com is a technology company known for being big and bold, pioneering cloud technology since 1999. What’s been super fun about this journey has been the evolution from a SaaS leader to a PaaS leader. With the launch of the Salesforce1 Platform, salesforce.com has grown to more than 1.7 million developers in the community using Force.com and Heroku. We started with CRM, but now developers build amazing business, customer, and startup apps amazingly fast.
We love our developers and have been out on the road with more than 350 developer workshops, meetups, and webinars so far this year. To make sure we got good at hackathons, we ran a four city global Summer of Hacks tour, and participated in Salesforce1 hackathons with AXA and GDF Suez. It’s amazing to see the creative app ideas that come out of these events when you put developers, designers and entrepreneurs in a room together for 48 hours.
The Salesforce $1 Million Hackathon is Back!
With a great platform and a great community, we think it’s time to let developers rule and run another Salesforce $1 Million Hackathon in San Francisco. This hackathon is all about great new mobile app ideas. Hacking takes place October 10-12, 2014, a second round of judging October 14, 2014, and the final awards presentation October 16, 2014 at Dreamforce 2014.
Here’s how it’s going down
Here are the highlights:
- Coding begins Friday, October 10 right after the kickoff.
- All code must be written for this hackathon. Participants may use publicly available source code, sample code, libraries, SDKs, and APIs per the rules. Make sure to read the rules!
- All code must be checked into a Git repository.
- All participants will get to demo their app live in front of judges, science-fair style. Feedback will be emailed out after the event.
- BeMyApp, a leading agency for hosting community hackathons, will help execute the hackathon.
Please be sure to read the Official Rules and FAQs for full details. We believe this year’s hackathon will be the best ever, with a new science-fair approach to judging and clarity on what code you can use.
At the Salesforce $1 Million Hackathon, we’re not just looking for apps for sales people—this platform is for every kind of new mobile application idea. We want to see your best ideas for a wide range of use cases and verticals, using Force.com, Heroku, and a host of open source favorites, Node, Postgres, Python and Ruby.
So many reasons to attend
Pick a new technology to learn, stay up all night with fellow developers, designers, and entrepreneurs, and build an app that rocks. You’ll have a lot of fun along the way. We’ll supply the food, giveaways, and have technical experts on hand. Plus, members of Salesforce Ventures, the new $100M venture fund, will be there to find the next great big ideas and offer feedback and coaching on what it takes to take your app to the next level.
More prizes = more fun
And, by the way, we are giving away 35 cash prizes – from multiple $10,000 prizes up to a $250,000 grand prize – for a total of $1,000,000.
Go on, it’s free!
So Hackers, mark your calendars! We can’t wait to see the mobile apps you’ll build at the Salesforce $1 Million Hackathon.
- Make sure to review the Official Rules and FAQs for full details.
- Post questions or search for potential teammates on this dedicated ChallengePost forum.
- Stay tuned for announcements throughout the hackathon via email and posted on ChallengePost.