The Subscriber object is a single instance of a person subscribed to receive email or SMS communication. When using the Describe method on a Subscriber object, the ExtendedProperties property contains the definitions for all of the data profile and preference attributes defined by a client.
- To update a Subscriber with a SubscriberType of 1 or 2 and a SFIntegrationVersion less than 2, you need the Email | Integrations | Salesforce CRM | Resubscribe permission.
- To update a Subscriber with a SubscriberType of 4, 5, or 6 and the MSCRMIntegration feature enabled, you need the Email | Integrations | Microsoft CRM | Resubscribe permission.
- All Subscriber objects require at minimum a value for EmailAddress (and SubscriberKey, if that feature is enabled for your account) for Create calls involving email messages.
- For SMS subscribers, you must include a valid value for SubscriberKey.
- For Update and Delete calls, you must identify the subscriber via a valid EmailAddress, SubscriberKey, or ID.
- In addition, include any attributes required by your account.
- All Subscriber objects in Enterprise accounts must contain a value for a valid On-Your-Behalf account in the ChannelMemberID property.
- Review your error messages for more required attributes if necessary.
|Addresses||SubscriberAddress||Indicates addresses belonging to a subscriber, used to create, retrieve, update or delete an email or SMS Address for a given subscriber.|
|Attributes||Attribute||Specifies attributes associated with an object.|
|Client||ClientID||Specifies the account ownership and context of an object.|
|CorrelationID||xsd||Identifies correlation of objects across several requests.|
|CreatedDate||xsd||Read-only date and time of the object's creation.|
|CustomerKey||xsd||User-supplied unique identifier for an object within an object type. This property corresponds to the external key assigned to an object in Marketing Cloud.|
|EmailAddress||xsd||Contains the email address for a subscriber. Indicates the data extension field contains email address data.|
|EmailTypePreference||EmailType||The format to use when sending an email to a subscriber. Valid values include:|
|GlobalUnsubscribeCategory||GlobalUnsubscribeCategory||Indicates how the application handles a globally unsubscribed subscriber.|
|ID||xsd||Read-only identifier for an object. Some objects use the ObjectID property as the Marketing Cloud unique ID.|
|Lists||SubscriberList||Defines lists a subscriber resides on.|
|Locale||Locale||Contains the locale information for an Account. If no location is set, Locale defaults to en-US.|
|ModifiedDate||Nullable`1||Indicates the last time object information was modified.|
|ObjectID||xsd||System-controlled, read-only text string identifier for object.|
|ObjectState||xsd||Reserved for future use.|
|Owner||Owner||Describes account ownership of subscriber in an on-your-behalf account.|
|PartnerKey||xsd||Unique identifier provided by partner for an object. This property is accessible only via API.|
|PartnerProperties||APIProperty||A collection of metadata supplied by the client and stored by the system. These properties are accessible only via API.|
|PartnerType||xsd||Defines partner associated with a subscriber.|
|PrimaryEmailAddress||EmailAddress||Indicates primary email address for a subscriber.|
|PrimarySMSAddress||SMSAddress||Indicates primary SMS address for a subscriber. Used to create and update SMS Address for a given subscriber.|
|PrimarySMSPublicationStatus||SubscriberAddressStatus||Indicates the subscriber's modality status.|
|Status||SubscriberStatus||Defines status of object. Status of an address.|
|SubscriberKey||xsd||Identification of a specific subscriber.|
|SubscriberTypeDefinition||SubscriberTypeDefinition||Specifies if a subscriber resides in an integration, such as Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics CRM|
|UnsubscribedDate||xsd||Represents date subscriber unsubscribed from a list.|