Set Up the Postman Collection
The Subscription Management Postman requests are part of the Salesforce Platform API collection and contain the following content.
- Samples of commonly used requests to calculate prices, create orders, and use assets to manage changes to your subscription.
- A Postman environment that supports connected app authentication and contains environment variables used by the request bodies.
- A Postman collection runner to query the demo org and populate environment variables with object IDs from your sample Trailhead Playground org.
If you already have a Postman account and have forked the Salesforce Platform APIs collection, simply refresh your collection to see the Subscription Management collection. Then, authenticate to the Trailhead Playground org and use the Postman collection runner to populate the environment variables.
If you don't have a Postman account and haven't forked the Salesforce Postman collection, use the following instructions to get set up.
Install and configure the desktop Postman app.
- Follow Postman's instructions to download and install the desktop app and create an account.
- Select the Workspaces menu.
- Select Create Workspace.
- Name your workspace, for example,
- Set Visibility to
- Click Create Workspace.
- At the top of your Postman Desktop app, click Search Postman, click Teams, and enter Salesforce Developers in the search bar.
- Click Salesforce Developers, then click the Salesforce Developers tile.
- Hover over the Subscription Management collection, click the three dots, then click create a fork.
- Label the fork, choose the workspace, and click Fork Collection.
Your workspace contains your fork of the Subscription Management collection.