Get Started with Event Notification Service
Set up your development environment to use Marketing Cloud APIs.
In Installed Packages, create an API integration to get a client ID and client secret. Use the following permissions settings for the API integration.
- Event Notifications: Callbacks - Read, Create, Update, Delete
- Event Notifications: Subscriptions - Read, Create, Update, Delete
Set Up the Event Notification Service API
- Supply an HTTPS callback URL, also known as a webhook, for your application. HTTP is not supported for callback URLs. 2.Register and verify your callback URL.
- Create a subscription that requests notification events. A subscription indicates which event types to receive notifications for and which callback, or webhook, to receive them on.
- Prepare your system for the possibility of receiving a notification event more than once because the ENS is an "at least once" delivery system.
To stop receiving notifications, you can pause a subscription any time. When you unpause the subscription, only new event notifications are delivered. Notification events that occurred during the pause are dropped.