Get Started with Event Notification Service
The Event Notification Service (ENS) only sends events related to the Transactional Messaging API. For more information see Transactional Messaging API
Set up your development environment to use Marketing Cloud APIs.
In Installed Packages, create an API integration to get a client ID and client secret. Use the following permissions settings for the API integration.
- Event Notifications: Callbacks - Read, Create, Update, Delete
- Event Notifications: Subscriptions - Read, Create, Update, Delete
- Supply an HTTPS callback URL, also known as a webhook, for your application. HTTP is not supported for callback URLs. 2.Register and verify your callback URL.
- Create a subscription that requests notification events. A subscription indicates which event types to receive notifications for and which callback, or webhook, to receive them on.
- Prepare your system for the possibility of receiving a notification event more than once because the ENS is an "at least once" delivery system.
To stop receiving notifications, you can pause a subscription any time. When you unpause the subscription, only new event notifications are delivered. Notification events that occurred during the pause are dropped.